How can you do a smokey eye for makeup?

Photos don't exactly help and I can't find a step by step thing that makes sense. I usually just go with a light nude eye shadow but I wanan start trying more bold stuff.
Pictures and steps would be very appreciated along with any tips/tricks.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Everything I learned about makeup was by watching Tanya burr on YouTube, she has a ton of smokey eye tutorials that I found very helpful.

When I wear a smokey eye with my urban decay Naked pallet for example, I like to:

1) start with a medium shade (not dark but not light) like the color: Smog, and put that all over my entire lid using a flat shader brush.
    2) using the same type of brush take a light shimmery shade like the color: Virgin, and place it in my inner corner to make my eyes look bigger and more awake.
    3) take a matte color: Buck, on a fluffy blending brush and sweep that into my crease to give my eye some dimension.
    4) Next I take a dark color like: Dark Horse, and line my top lash line with a smudge brush or a small angled brush.
    5) still using Dark Horse on a smudge brush make a sideways "V" on the outer corner of your eye extending from your lashline and ending at your crease (so the one end of the v touches your lash line and the other end touches your crease, with the point facing outward), and fill in the "V" with the same color smudging it slightly into your lid color (Smog) .
    6) now take a fluffy blending brush and start blending the edges of the v to diffuse the harsh lines. Blend into the crease as well.
    7) for and extra dramatic look you can then take a black color shadow like: Creep and make a smaller v in the putter corner and blending that like you just did with Dark Horse.
    8) if you want you can use eyeliner (liquid or gel to line your top lid, and a pencil liner to line your water line
    9) curl your lashes and add mascara!

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 18

• My version of smokey eye is:
    1 - lightest color all over the eyelid (including right under the eyebrows.
    2 - mid dark color on all the eyelid. Blend well
    3 - darkest color on the outer half on the eyelid. Blend well
    4 - eyeliner and mascara.

2|0
    0|0
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyzSU4ZfCeE
    Use scotch tape in the edge of your eye to make it easier

1|0
    0|0
  • You can watch makeup tutorials on YouTube for exemple this one https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JlOU98MHmWU

1|0
    0|0
  • you prime your eye lid with eyeshadow primer or plain old concealer works. then you use a light neutral shade and just above the brow bone go back an forth to blend. you do this 2 more times each a couple of shades darker blending back and forth from the far end of your eyelid to the top of your crease. after that i usually take a darker brown compared to the others and in the far corner of your eye you start blending in circuler motions halfway atop your crease. then take an even darker brown or black and blend in circuler motions just at the far end of your eye and a little bit across the bottom. after that you take a champagne colour put it atop your lid. or a foil shade. to finish off the eye i usually take the second shade of brown i used and blend it underneath my eye connecting it to the far end of my eyeshadow. voila you're done.

1|1
    0|0
    • make sure to put highlighter in your inner corners

• check out my sister on instagram @earthtoandee she has some really good smokey eyes that all follow these guidelines you could use as an example

• If you find out how to without looking like a raccoon or like you've never slept in your life, let me know!

1|0
    0|0
  • Smokey eye is about blending.

Everyone will have their own routine of primers and things, but the actual effect is done with light and dark make up blended.

In the inner corners you start with a light colour like silver.
    The middle section is more of a grey. And the last is a dark grey/black (ideally not black). You build up these colours and blend them together for the look.

You then add your eyeliner and mascara and the rest. I can probably find you a guide if you want? Youtubing "smokey eye tutorial" is usually a good place.

1|0
    0|0
  • https://imgur.com/a/zKKHD something like this?

0|0
    0|0
    • I pick three colours, dark, medium, light. I start with the darkest colour and create a V shape in the outer lid, then I take the medium shade and apply it to the crease, then I take the lightest colour and apply it to the whole lid. After that it is just a matter of blending it out so there are no harsh lines.

• Look on YouTube. There's a lot of make up step by step videos

1|0
    0|0
  • u can put ur face above a burning fire for the natural look : p

1|0
    2|0
  • Try to highlight the way the shadows on your eyes are. Should be a guideline

1|0
    0|0
  • go to youtubers like carli bybel and watch her smokey eye makeup tutorials, they are awesome

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. Practice.
    2. Millions of tutorials are on youtube

0|0
    0|0
  • Youtube it girl, there's tons of tutorials.

0|0
    0|0
  • you can learn it through videos on youtube

0|0
    0|0
  • Youtube is good for that lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • YouTube does wonders

0|0
    0|0
  • YouTubeeee