How can you do a smokey eye for makeup?

Photos don't exactly help and I can't find a step by step thing that makes sense. I usually just go with a light nude eye shadow but I wanan start trying more bold stuff.
Pictures and steps would be very appreciated along with any tips/tricks.

193

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Everything I learned about makeup was by watching Tanya burr on YouTube, she has a ton of smokey eye tutorials that I found very helpful.

When I wear a smokey eye with my urban decay Naked pallet for example, I like to:

1) start with a medium shade (not dark but not light) like the color: Smog, and put that all over my entire lid using a flat shader brush.
    2) using the same type of brush take a light shimmery shade like the color: Virgin, and place it in my inner corner to make my eyes look bigger and more awake.
    3) take a matte color: Buck, on a fluffy blending brush and sweep that into my crease to give my eye some dimension.
    4) Next I take a dark color like: Dark Horse, and line my top lash line with a smudge brush or a small angled brush.
    5) still using Dark Horse on a smudge brush make a sideways "V" on the outer corner of your eye extending from your lashline and ending at your crease (so the one end of the v touches your lash line and the other end touches your crease, with the point facing outward), and fill in the "V" with the same color smudging it slightly into your lid color (Smog) .
    6) now take a fluffy blending brush and start blending the edges of the v to diffuse the harsh lines. Blend into the crease as well.
    7) for and extra dramatic look you can then take a black color shadow like: Creep and make a smaller v in the putter corner and blending that like you just did with Dark Horse.
    8) if you want you can use eyeliner (liquid or gel to line your top lid, and a pencil liner to line your water line
    9) curl your lashes and add mascara!