Girls, any advice on stepping outside of your clothing comfort zone?

I've always been the type to wear comfortable clothing... regular jeans and a t-shirt with my hair in a ponytail. I've reached the point where I want to start dressing older and appealing like, I have fishnet stockings I'm not even comfortable wearing.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I get that you want to make this new leap, but you will never feel comfortable or at ease wearing something that is totally not you. You'll hate it and walk around looking all weird, because you wish you were in jeans and a t-shirt. Instead I would advise taking a few baby steps first. Instead of complete overhaul, try upping the style on your t-shirt and jeans combo. Get a darker washed skinny jean with some kind of detail, like a cute side zipper up the shin, or acid washed, or ripped, and pair it with an actual blouse with a print, pattern, or embellishment on it. Then slowly incorporate other details like different accessories, try a jean capri, add a hat, then work your way on up to figuring out the fishnets. If you don't like them, that's okay. It's better that you love what you're wearing and feel good, then try to dress a certain way because you think you have to (that is, outside of work/school environments with dress codes that is)