I've been trying to learn how to put on make-up. Can someone tell me how, and the order to put it on?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey girl! Makeup is a great way to display your creativity and express yourself, there's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing it, and there's nothing wrong with not wearing it! You're beautiful with or without it. That being said, when you do wear it, it's important to apply it correctly!

Something I found very helpful when I first started wearing makeup was watching tutorials on YouTube. Bethany Mota has really good videos showing you step by step how to apply makeup and she has videos going through makeup products she's tried that she either likes/doesn't like that way you know what to buy or not.

There isn't a specific order you have to apply makeup, a lot of it is personal preference. For me, I do my eyes before my skin (about half the people do it this way and the other half do skin first). My standard go-to look is:
    1) apply eyeshadow primer all over my lid
    2) I have sparse eyebrows so I fill them in a little with an eyebrow pencil
    3) I take a medium color eyeshadow (not too light but not dark) on a flat shader brush or a sponge applicator (if it's a drug store brand) and put it all over my lid
    4) I take a light color shade on my brush and put it in the inner corner of my eye to make my eyes bigger and make me look more awake
    5) take a fluffy brush and a matte (no sparkles) eyeshadow shade and blend it into my crease to give my eyes more definition
    6) the next step is to line my eyes, for a sharp defined look I'll use a liquid eyeliner or a gel liner, for a classic look I'll use a pencil liner in either black or dark brown, and for a softer look I'll use a dark colored eyeshadow and apply it as close to my lashline as possible
    7) apply your favorite brand of mascara

For skin, I have pretty clear skin and it can be a bit sensitive so I don't usually wear anything but when I do I have to be very careful on what I use. For example, BB cream is advertised as being great for your skin but it actually clogs your pores so instead I would use a light weight foundation if you have clearer skin or a full coverage one if you don't.
    1) apply your foundation with a sponge or your fingers
    2) apply concealer under your eyes in an upside down triangle and blend it in
    3) Lightly powder your face to keep in matte and not shiney
    4) if you want to contour, look up pics for how to contour/highlight for your face shape (oval, heart, round, etc.)
    5) add a lip color if you want

Have fun with it! Good luck

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 20

• I start by putting concealer on my eyelids, so that the eyeshadow will stay longer. Then I put eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, false lashes if there are any. Then I put primer all over my face exept the eyes. Then color concealer under eyes (if you don't have any, tap a little of the red lipstick if your undereye circles are green, orange lipstick if they are blue, yellow if they are purple, but NOTHING SHINY!) then you put foundation in a tone true to your color. Then you put regular concealer making a triangle: one side is the nose, other side is under eyes and the other one is along your cheekbones (reversed triangle), you put concealer on a reversed triangle shape on your forhead with the point of the triangle down your nose, and you put the concealer on your nose, but I don't like it. You tap it all down with a blender or a sponge. You put contour-bronzer in the hallow space under your cheekbones (make a duckface to see where it is), you can put it on the temples and alongside the jawline, if you want it. You pit the highlight along the sides of the cheekbones, paralell to the bronzer underneath it. Blend it all in. Put just a little blush on the very tip of your cheeks, "between" bronzer and highlight. Blend it in. Put concealer on the lips, so the lipstick will stay longer. Use a lip-liner not only around, but a little bit in the lip region. Apply preferably matt lipstick. Whoala! There you go! Tell me if it helped. Kisses beautiful 💋💋

1|0
    0|0
  • Try just mascara and lip gloss. If that's you in the profile pic, you don't look to have skin issues and cover up just clogs you pores. With your skin tone, a soft shimmering gold shadow would look really good if you wanted to pump up your eyes. You could also do a bright pop of color on your lips in a matte lipstick

0|0
    0|0
  • Concealer that's a little lighter than your skin tone goes under your eyes, blend it with a sponge (beauty blender). Foundation thats your skin tone goes on the rest of your face but only where you think you need it. I only put foundation on the bottom half of my face because that's where i have discoloration.

2|0
    0|0
  • Practice, practice, practice. It's all about practice. Watch some YouTube videos (makeup tips and tricks, tutorials, GRWM...), experiment with makeup and see what you like. Find makeup that suits you. You can start out with simple and natural looks first and then make changes as you get more experienced. You'll get better at it as you keep doing it.

2|0
    0|0
  • First you need to wash your face and pat it dry. Then you should apply a lotion in my experience. Afterwards, put on the base cream concealer, then rub it in. Next add highlighter, then the dark color and blush for contouring, then blend. Put on a mask of powder concealer to make it look softer. Afterwards you can do your eyeshadow, then eyeliner, then mascara, then eyebrows. I think lips should always be done last, because they're the easiest to tell when smudged. I mean I'm not an expert or anything though, this is just what I do when using everything. Good luck!

2|0
    0|0
  • just you tube whatever makeup you have now like the brands, ex. nyx contour kit. they pretty much have a tutorial on every brand and it's good because it's specific to the same make up you use

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have a department store nearby most of the cosmetic counters have someone who can help you and offer pointers, I would take that route.

0|0
    0|0
  • Primer
    Foundation
    Highlighter
    Blush
    Eye shadow
    Eye liner
    Mascara
    Eyebrows
    Lips
    💋

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been experimenting with make-up for years and still I'm no good at it. Go onto Youtube and watch tutorials. They help a bunch.

0|0
    0|0
  • How much? First you start off with a good face washing regiment

0|0
    0|0
  • Look up u tube videos and tutes

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't need it, it's better to be natural

1|0
    2|2
    • thanks & I am natural, but what about the days I do want to go out & look cute?

• Show All
    • Use or choose your words more carefully doll. And think before you say things.

Not everyone can go without makeup, feel lucky that you can, that you feel comfortable and confident.

But do not put others down or say it's bad to use it.

• @HitGirl_4680 I know, and I agree.

• what tell me what products you own

0|0
    0|1
  • look up "no make up" look

0|0
    0|0
  • Face, eyes, then lips

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to find colors that work for you. For example lavenders and purples would look nice on you. Blues as well but only if your going for a bold look. Think of the eye being three parts, the lids, on top of the lids and under your eyebrows... the higher to the arch the lighter the color. You can also swap the bottom two for a more dramatic smokey eye. Lip is hit or miss go and try some on your own hun. Xoxo good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Watch make up tutorials on youtube. Normal order is foundation, eyeliner, mascara, blusher and lipstick

0|0
    0|0
  • YouTube

4|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes