I've been trying to learn how to put on make-up. Can someone tell me how, and the order to put it on?

210

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey girl! Makeup is a great way to display your creativity and express yourself, there's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing it, and there's nothing wrong with not wearing it! You're beautiful with or without it. That being said, when you do wear it, it's important to apply it correctly!

Something I found very helpful when I first started wearing makeup was watching tutorials on YouTube. Bethany Mota has really good videos showing you step by step how to apply makeup and she has videos going through makeup products she's tried that she either likes/doesn't like that way you know what to buy or not.

There isn't a specific order you have to apply makeup, a lot of it is personal preference. For me, I do my eyes before my skin (about half the people do it this way and the other half do skin first). My standard go-to look is:
    1) apply eyeshadow primer all over my lid
    2) I have sparse eyebrows so I fill them in a little with an eyebrow pencil
    3) I take a medium color eyeshadow (not too light but not dark) on a flat shader brush or a sponge applicator (if it's a drug store brand) and put it all over my lid
    4) I take a light color shade on my brush and put it in the inner corner of my eye to make my eyes bigger and make me look more awake
    5) take a fluffy brush and a matte (no sparkles) eyeshadow shade and blend it into my crease to give my eyes more definition
    6) the next step is to line my eyes, for a sharp defined look I'll use a liquid eyeliner or a gel liner, for a classic look I'll use a pencil liner in either black or dark brown, and for a softer look I'll use a dark colored eyeshadow and apply it as close to my lashline as possible
    7) apply your favorite brand of mascara

For skin, I have pretty clear skin and it can be a bit sensitive so I don't usually wear anything but when I do I have to be very careful on what I use. For example, BB cream is advertised as being great for your skin but it actually clogs your pores so instead I would use a light weight foundation if you have clearer skin or a full coverage one if you don't.
    1) apply your foundation with a sponge or your fingers
    2) apply concealer under your eyes in an upside down triangle and blend it in
    3) Lightly powder your face to keep in matte and not shiney
    4) if you want to contour, look up pics for how to contour/highlight for your face shape (oval, heart, round, etc.)
    5) add a lip color if you want

Have fun with it! Good luck