What do you think of 50's/pin up dresses?

What do you think of 50's/pin up dresses?What do you think of 50's/pin up dresses?

What do you think of 50's/pin up dresses?

• I like them!
    Vote A
  • Love them!
    Vote B
  • Eh, they're okay.
    Vote C
  • I don't really care.
    Vote D
  • I dislike them.
    Vote E
  • Absolutely hate them.
    Vote F
  • I wish this was the fashion of today.
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I absolutely love them! I always think I was born in the wrong era. 😂

2|1
    0|0
    • looks like someone is an old soul 😀

• Show All
    • Exactly!
      Well, in my view there are a lot of things that used to be simpler!
      Of course, everyone have a particular believe, belief and preferences.
      I would encourage you stick to what you believe in and do as you please.

• Thanks! I agree!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• img0.etsystatic.com/.../...70xN.448199550_oamv.jpg
    i wish girls still dressed like this

1|1
    0|0
    • My wish right here! Shall we find a time machine and reborn? I hope we could!

• Show All
    • @redeyemindtricks Thank you for the information. I appreciate your time and effort for explaining the subject.

However, i speak for myself, my passion or feelings about this era or this particular fashion is regardless this image or modern new recycled fashions who mixed the eras together. I really enjoy the era as i am aware of it's details in a better way. More than i did express during these conversations which seem to be unnecessary to do so.
      Beside that, it's not just the fashion. My values and life principles are most likely grew out of this era.

• i absolutely love it! had a girl that would dress pinup style every so often, red lipstick, big curls, cute dress. a huge turn on for me. definitely my favorite (amoung my favorite) styles.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any shoes to go with them. ;-). They can look quite nice if done right. I believe like many things moderation is the key here.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them, nice when historic clothes are the dress code :D
    Although today you would not associate them with pin ups hahaha... they're far below the knee.

1|0
    0|0
  • Retero chicks can be really hot! Some of them clothes from the old days were actually better than the clothes now.

2|0
    0|0
  • keep in mind that dressing for men and women all depends on your frame. If you are a skinny little thing, these dresses seem very sexy. If your a guy with broad shoulders but a thin waist, you need to buy tailored shirts to fit your physical frame.

0|0
    0|0
    • So what you're saying is that if a guy has broad shoulders and a thin waist, he'd look silly in a pinup dress? :)

You're right - and I wish people would select clothes that actually look good on them.

• Show All
    • I'm with you on that. There are some clothes that are made in sizes they shouldn't make.

• Like I hate to say it, I'm assuming yoga pants are comfy since every chick on the planet wears them... but if you aren't average or thin, please don't wear them cause they stretch and then your thong shows.

FYI if a girl wears cheekies they are a nice combo of visualization and imagination

• I really like the last one.
    Grew up on the country side when I was little and get a warm feeling from that dress.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as you don't have a wide bulky upper body cause kinda just looks like a cartoon character all pudgy

1|0
    0|0
  • They look beautiful, I really wish I grew up in the 50s.

1|1
    0|0
  • This might be a unpopular opinion but I hate all dresses and skirts.

2|0
    1|0
  • trust me 50's styles are going to come back. we are going to see polka dot pin up dresses with pompadours.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are nice. Lovely and sexy too. Esp the 1st one.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them they are interesting than from other dresses girls wear.

1|0
    0|0
  • i have seen Girls wear them, they seem nice and they must be comfortable for a girl to wear😊

1|0
    0|0
  • Those look kawaaiii but as long as you don't look like a grandma wearing them😅👵

1|0
    0|0
  • they was all the rage 60 odd years ago but so was rickets

0|0
    0|0
  • I have always liked them on women and 40's dresses even better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not my preference, but they are fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they are amazing!

1|1
    0|0
  • very beautifull, : )

2|1
    0|0
  • they could look hot once in a while

1|0
    0|0
  • eh, they're okay but nothing more

1|0
    0|0
  • too quirky

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls are gonna wear whatever they want anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can be cute if done right

1|0
    0|0
  • Meh. I dont like them. Prefer tight dresses more.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm thinking Stepford wife.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its super cute!

1|0
    0|0
  • very Taylor Swift

0|0
    0|0
  • It loons like they'll choke people but OK

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• As I mentioned in my comment to @gymbumguy, this isn't rlly a question about actual '50's clothing, as much as it's a question about modern reprises of '50's clothing.
    The reason why the dresses in the pictures -- both in the head paragraph and in the comments -- fit so well, is because they're made of fabrics that are (1) wrinkle-resistant, and (2) part elastane/spandex ("stretch" fabric). In the '50's, both of these innovations were still thirty to forty years away from even *existing*, let alone being incorporated into even somewhat affordable clothing.

In the actual '50's, these kinds of dresses -- like everything else -- would have been made of ill-fitting, easily wrinkled, non-stretch cotton. They'd look frumpy and matronly, unless the wearer was rich enough for bespoke tailoring (... or unless it was a professional photo shoot).

__

Don't get me wrong, I think these are adorbs -- especially on certain body types (... where "certain body types" means "women who are a whole foot shorter than me").
    ... But it's important not to imagine a "good old days" that never actually existed as such.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them, but not so much the floral thing - more one color...
    And the ones that are really wide - are impractical... so they're not really that wearable... Most of them. But some are.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...64ef092848.jpg
    cdn.pinupgirlclothing.com/.../...on-ny-str_03b.jpg
    boyofbow13.files.wordpress.com/.../...oise-ity.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • Love them. Vintage fashion is my favorite style :)

1|0
    0|0
  • i love em''!!! can i have the first one plzzz

2|0
    0|0
  • I LOVE them. That was a great period for beautiful fashions and beautiful ladies. Wished I could have been around then. I do appreciate anything vintage or retro, in fashions.

1|1
    0|0
  • I really like them, but I'm not really going to wear dresses until I get my body to where I want it.

1|0
    0|0
  • First one is cute, the second one looks too old fashioned

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them but I'd wear them without the underskirt, so they stay less wide.

1|0
    0|0
  • They'd look cute on others but definitely not my style

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them

1|0
    0|0
  • They're cute

2|0
    0|0
  • amazing i love them so much

1|1
    0|0
  • They're pretty. Kinda wish I had one

1|1
    0|0
  • I loved them! I have one myself!

1|1
    0|0
  • with much lesser flowers than ok

1|0
    0|0
  • Not my style but they're cute.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love them <3

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate them. They look too girly and freaky -_-

0|0
    0|0
  • I LOVE them and wish they were in style today. I love the first dress in particular.. the style and floral print gets me every time. I found a dress like that in a blue color with pink, red and little yellow flower print and it was gorgeous and the skirt flared magnificently... but not in my size.

1|0
    0|0
  • i love them. they are adorable.

1|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely love them.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes