Any good recommendations for dandruff?

I have a very dry itchy scalp and dandruff. I have tried multiple shampoos. Head & Shoulders, Shea Moisture, ACV rinse, peppermint oil, etc. What do you all recommend that helped get rid of your dandruff please.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Try a few months of only using water. I don't know why people think the answer to dryness is to fuck with their natural oil more.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have crazy dandruff. Like 3 days after a shampoo, my scalp would already be in full on itch mode. I started using head and shoulders twice a week as recommended on the packaging and it's been a miracle for me. My scalp is totally flake free. I don't know what your specific routines have been, but work it well into your scalp and let it sit in there for like 5-10 minutes, and then stay true to routine washing for a few weeks.

Sometimes people try a product, and it doesn't work the first time or the second, and they just ditch it, but try whatever it is you try on a consistent routine basis following all label instructions and give it time to work, before you move on to try the next thing. Also check the other products you're using. If you're using stuff with sulphates or a lot of alcohol, it dries the scalp and causes problems. Ironically for those with dandruff, so does washing too much because it can spur the dandruff on.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 5

• I know the body shop has a ginger shampoo for it. And if that doesn't help, you need a selenium shampoo or Nizoral from the pharmacy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to have this problem. It went away when i use only organic shampoo and wash my hair three times a week. The problem is people wash their scalp with shampoos with too many chemicals that dries out the skin really fast) that they didn't need to anyway, leaving all their natural oil stripped, creating permanent itching.

The problem will go away eventually if you don't wash it too much. Spraying apple cider vinegar diluted with distilled water ( 50% ) on your scalp after shower will ease the constant itching! Leave on for an hour then rinse again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sulfur 8 shampoo works great :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Try Sulfur 8 deep conditioning shampoo. It works great and works for all hair types.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, first, dandruff isn't a dryness issue, it stems from an out of control yeast population. Some people re just prone to it.

Nizoral, available at your drug store is supposedly a really good one.

Also, there are some other things you can try. First, pro biotics are reported to help control yeast because they consume some of the same things yeasts do... get a better balance of biotics and control your yeast or so the theory is. Second, take a zinc supplement. Zinc is good for the skin, is a key supplement for your immune system and is also a growth inhibitor for yeast... and this is where the pyrithione zinc is derived from in H&S shampoos, the zinc kills off the yeast. Last, cut down on sugar intake supposedly can help as well. I dot know if any of those actually work, but nizoral has been around for a while and works really well on tough cases.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes