Any good recommendations for dandruff?

I have a very dry itchy scalp and dandruff. I have tried multiple shampoos. Head & Shoulders, Shea Moisture, ACV rinse, peppermint oil, etc. What do you all recommend that helped get rid of your dandruff please.

66

Most Helpful Guy

• Try a few months of only using water. I don't know why people think the answer to dryness is to fuck with their natural oil more.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have crazy dandruff. Like 3 days after a shampoo, my scalp would already be in full on itch mode. I started using head and shoulders twice a week as recommended on the packaging and it's been a miracle for me. My scalp is totally flake free. I don't know what your specific routines have been, but work it well into your scalp and let it sit in there for like 5-10 minutes, and then stay true to routine washing for a few weeks.

Sometimes people try a product, and it doesn't work the first time or the second, and they just ditch it, but try whatever it is you try on a consistent routine basis following all label instructions and give it time to work, before you move on to try the next thing. Also check the other products you're using. If you're using stuff with sulphates or a lot of alcohol, it dries the scalp and causes problems. Ironically for those with dandruff, so does washing too much because it can spur the dandruff on.