Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?

Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Is 10 Years a long time? Are those 10 years important in the scheme of things?
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
  • MAYBE
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry... Are we all supposed to know our time of death? I wouldn't want to be extremely attractive or famous. Haven't you noticed how much pressure, scrutiny, and hate celebs get? People always act like celebs are robots instead of human beings. Extremely attractive people are also hardly ever taken seriously. It's pretty funny how the more widespread attention and adoration you receive, the less your individuality matters. People always think you owe it to them to act a certain way, I wouldn't appreciate all that attention.

0|0
    0|0
    • To each their own! Nobody knows the time of death that is why the question is an interesting one.

• That's true. What if that deal would cause someone to erase the past decade of their existence because they were destined to die in a month? That's trippy lol.

• That is super trippy :+)

Most Helpful Guy

• attractive, probably since I'd lose all this weight permanently, and I'm going to point out that my life expectancy due to how young I am, people in my generation are projected to live to be well over a century. The thing is I've seen how much pain old people go through, I've seen the boredom, the despair, and I don't want that. I'd prefer if I died at 70

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• No, I don't care about either of those. Money doesn't matter to me as long as I can live a somewhat comfortable life. Looks matter even less. I don't like how I look but 10 years is a long time and I wouldn't give it up so easily. If it was something like being able to help other people (anon though preferably) then I'd at least think hard about it. But I want kids and a family so I'd have other people who'd depend on me too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Famous, no. Hot, maybe. It would depend on whether or not I knew when I was going to check out. If I could go at 76 instead of 86? Absolutely. But if I was going to die at 35 instead of 45, then no way.

0|1
    0|0
  • This may sound fake but if I could, I would try to use fame for charity and other "good" things. Other than that, I wouldn't trade anything.

0|1
    0|0
  • i would do it to feel good about myself not necessarily to look hot.
    I wouldn't want to be famous, unless it was for the right reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm happy with the ways I look now so no but in some years if I get wrinkles then maybe I would say yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I can always go under the knife

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes I would

0|0
    0|0
  • In theory that sounds great, but those two things both have their own burdens. Fame is a nasty thing. You often don't know who your real friends are or who you can trust, someone always wants something from you--money, autograph, to read their script or hear their music or advertise for them, you can't have a bad day or an off day b/c someone is photographing you and waiting to call you an a-hole, and don't even get me started on internet hate!

With beauty, though people think attractive people are, well, attractive, they expect that with that you should act a certain way, they harass you walking down the street (moreso if you're a lady), they expect you to do certain things, or that you are extremely dumb b/c who could be smart and pretty... eh, it's like, really be careful what you wish for, some things just aren't worth it. No, I'll take my ten years please.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but not because I want to lie super long or anything, in fact I'd like to pass away in my early late 60's to early 70's. Being rich and famous (esp. famous) does not appeal to me at all. Fame brings a lot of issues and mo' money mo' problems.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• I would reduce my life expectancy by 10 years if it made me famous and rich. Why? Because I could make life so much easier for people I love and for people in need--so dying at 64 instead of 74 and making sure people didn't go hungry or get stung by the economy bug? Sign me up.

1|1
    0|0
  • Fame and attraction won't last forever either way and I find them as utterly redundant and insignificant as something that only have worth or value if someone or something feels, thinks, believes, or more importantly, want them to have value, worth or meaning.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can get to be both, including a long life through natural means. No need to take a short route just because you're lazy. :3

0|3
    0|0
  • The last 10 years of your life is pretty shit anyways. So would do it for good genetics and other beauty factors I can't control. Not for six pack abs or fame. Those things must be earned. But if you can make me tall, have nice glowing skin, flowing luscious hair

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll take the 10 years. Being more handsome is not that important to me. I look the best I can and have no problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too much fear of dying to be giving away 10 years for nothing. And I say nothing because it's doesn't matter how famous or rich you were, you'll be underground and you won't care and it won't be helpfull.

So I'll try to add years.

0|0
    0|0
  • But I don't know the time of my death... So in essence I could have 2 mins left and was suppose to die in 10 year and 2 minutes... that would suck... Hotness/Famous for a whopping 2 mins... great

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean my families average life expectancy is about 50, so I think 40 is a little young, don't you?

0|0
    0|0
    • You are only 19 that is 20 years of bliss my friend lol

• Show All
    • I don't know... because you are on GAG right now? HA

• Yeah, It's because I'm so Rich and famous, that I have nothing better to do with my time, than answer questions on the internet.

• I consider myself attractive enough, I don't need to be a 10/10 male model.
    And I wouldn't want to be famous anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Famous would be really annoying unless you enjoy stopping for 10 selfies every time you go anywhere.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, I already am attractive and I don't want to be famous.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I like the way I look, and to me, fame is more of a burden than benefit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, 10 years is a very long time to lose.

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes, only the famous part tho.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd do it in a heartbeat.

0|0
    0|0
  • no way...

0|0
    0|0
  • um nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would I want to change who I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather die at 40 and look 20, than die at 80 and look 80.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. I'm just gonna die anyways.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes