Is 19 years old too old for a YouTube channel?

I'm 18 turning 19 Sat... I wanted to start my channel when I was 17 but i had a lot going on 'cheer leading, bands & more things I've done

I wanna start a makeup channel! Makeup is somthing I enjoy doing but I don't like talking! I think once I get use to the feel of being on camera I'll be more comfortable with myself!

I'm not in rolled in college rite now which is another reason... my social skills are so bad! I dont have they daily interaction with ppl!

I just started my new job and I'm slowly breaking out of my shell

! i 've been seeing so many young girls 13,15,16 doing their makeup channels with confidents its such a distraction!

I feel like its too late for me I get so nervous, shy, and care so much about how others may look at me!
I have a lot of free time and a foundation I feel like YouTube would be perfect...

what are some tips?
and is it too late?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate to be the one to tell you but ALL women with channels just use their body or something sexual to get popular.

Even the makeup girls. They will start off with makeup then suddenly ditch the makeup.

If you want to be successful you have to be shallow.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Many of the people famous on YouTube now got their big break in their 20s. 19 is still young. And for a makeup channel, you're teaching a skill. You're not a model where every birthday counts. If your skills and personality are good, people will watch.
    Don't do it if you're seeking the fame because only a small percentage of people become noticed and it's highly based on luck. You'll quickly get frustrated if you're focusing on numbers. Do it because you genuinely enjoy it, in which age/gender/race/etc. doesn't matter.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• no its not, youtube is not age discriminant you can do youtube when you feel comfortable you just need the right equipment if you want to make something big out of it because I'm 17 and trying to get a youtube channel, i made a few videos but because I'm missing the equipment i didn't make it very far

1|0
    0|0
    • what type of equipment? and at least you doing it lol and thank you I'm encouraged

• Show All
    • and the best thing is, if your not comfortable at fist youtube is a great way to bring you out of your shell as you realize your just talking to the camera. unless you live stream but you can be yourself without any worry. if you make a channel let me know id be glad to watch

• It's not too late and you are at a fine age. If you want to do it then do it. I don't know if you will succeed or fail, no one does, but you never know if you don't try.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I'm in the exact same boat! I want to start a channel making pranks, challenges, playing computer games and vlogs but I feel it's been done before so there no point

1|1
    0|0
  • You are ONLY 18. There is no reason you shouldn't start one. As far as knowledge, you can learn a ton of information without going to school. Quit over thinking this. You already have enough excuses to not do what appears to be a passion of yours. Stop the doubt, start the channel. Do not quit near the beginning. Very few people start something new like you want, and have instant success. Some of the richest people start out with little to no success. Why are they rich? Because they didn't let failures stop them, it only told them that they needed to find a different way to do it. Sometimes this means a little change in certain things all the way to throwing out the first plan and starting again. Edison tried about a 1,000 ways to make the light bulb he invented before he was successful. You can do it. You need to believe in yourself without doubt. You can do it! I wish you much success in your endeavor!

1|0
    0|0
  • There's no age to start a youtube channel. I have a youtube gaming channel with 10k subscribers and I started when I was 19, just 27 days before my 20th birthday.

0|0
    0|0
  • No its not too late. My grandpa is very old and he just started learning to play guitar. Give it a go.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is a 73 year old grandma that streams video games and she has a healthy fan base. You are never too old to do anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's more about appearance, skills doing make up, skills with making a good video, and likability.

19 to me is a good role model age for the younger girls, mainly because your old enough to not be envied fr but not to old where they might think it's for another generation. And Older girls will want to look younger so I see 17-25 as a sweet spot.

People want to be other people, I don't know how many fans you want but being yourself isn't the only option here since you say your shy introvert and nervous. It's totally possible to pretend to be this outgoing DIY pretty outlandish classy girl. Imagination and beliefs are your only limits. A good rule of thumb is, the way you act is what you attract.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no age limit to YouTube
    I'm pretty sure most of the popular youtubers are way older than 19

0|0
    0|0
  • pewdiepie is way older and still gaining subs go for it man good luck

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course not its never to old even if your 50 and good at something

0|0
    0|0
  • no rule against it

0|0
    0|0
  • We're waiting for the link! Go go go!

0|0
    0|0
  • just make one already

0|0
    0|0
  • um no

0|0
    0|0
  • Do the world a favor and don't do that. Instead, go to college and learn to write in proper English...

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm trying. I applied for FA , they wouldn't accept me. Maybe you could give me some lessons until I get inrolled?

• never too old. i started mine at 19 I think. A few years later I was making a living from it.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're hot, you're not too old.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm a very hot introvert :(

• Show All
    • I think being quiet and pretty makes me seem stuckup

• It's all good! Do what works for you!

What Girls Said 12

• Not too old at all.

0|0
    0|0
    • *But have something to do on there --- not just do whatever all of the others do - because that's not going to get you anywhere in this day and age.

• let's put it this way: there are 30-and 40-something men with very successful youtube channels. and, if they can do it, so can you- there's no age limit on success, or doing what you love.

some things to consider:

-what kind of makeup channel (normal, special interest, costume, etc)?
    -who is your target audience?
    -which big names would be your inspiration or direct competition?
    -is there a big enough market for what you want to do?

good luck!

1|1
    0|0
  • Start it! I watch all ages of people on YouTube for makeup tips. I choose who's makeup looks best according to what look I'm going for

1|0
    0|0
  • its not do it i will subscribe☺

1|1
    0|0
  • no most people would actually say its rather young

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course not, you're definitely too old for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • it is never too late

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no age limit

0|0
    0|0
  • No you can still start one

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not most of them are in their late twenties

0|0
    0|0
  • It's never too late go for it! Good luck!

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes