Is 19 years old too old for a YouTube channel?

I'm 18 turning 19 Sat... I wanted to start my channel when I was 17 but i had a lot going on 'cheer leading, bands & more things I've done

I wanna start a makeup channel! Makeup is somthing I enjoy doing but I don't like talking! I think once I get use to the feel of being on camera I'll be more comfortable with myself!

I'm not in rolled in college rite now which is another reason... my social skills are so bad! I dont have they daily interaction with ppl!

I just started my new job and I'm slowly breaking out of my shell

! i 've been seeing so many young girls 13,15,16 doing their makeup channels with confidents its such a distraction!

I feel like its too late for me I get so nervous, shy, and care so much about how others may look at me!
I have a lot of free time and a foundation I feel like YouTube would be perfect...

what are some tips?
and is it too late?

1319

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate to be the one to tell you but ALL women with channels just use their body or something sexual to get popular.

Even the makeup girls. They will start off with makeup then suddenly ditch the makeup.

If you want to be successful you have to be shallow.

Most Helpful Girl

• Many of the people famous on YouTube now got their big break in their 20s. 19 is still young. And for a makeup channel, you're teaching a skill. You're not a model where every birthday counts. If your skills and personality are good, people will watch.
    Don't do it if you're seeking the fame because only a small percentage of people become noticed and it's highly based on luck. You'll quickly get frustrated if you're focusing on numbers. Do it because you genuinely enjoy it, in which age/gender/race/etc. doesn't matter.