Would you take it as a compliment if a guy said he didn't recognize you with your hair down?

at work, I have to put my hair up in a bun. Not a ponytail but a bun which sucks because my hair never stays together so I have to put extra hairspray I also hate it because I feel so insecure about my face and my forehead because my forehead is pretty huge and it's one of the things I'm insecure about so I like to leave a little string of hair and as soon as shift is over and I clock out I immediately put my hair down and one of my managers said he did not recognize me and it made me feel so weird and insecure like was i prettier with my hair down do I look bad with it in a bun. I know what I look like with my hair up and down and im pretty sure my face is the same either way and so now every time I go to work I feel like I have to extra hard to make my hair and my face look nice :'(

74

Most Helpful Guy

• That could be a compliment...

But if it isn't then it isn't a bad thing... He just mentioned something about you that have changed and he didn't notice the change instantly...

Guys mean it like that. ( Ofcourse not all of them )

But When girls say that it is usually meant to hurt or to bring the person down...

Most Helpful Girl

• You're over thinking it, it's like when you cut your hair (like chop a few inches off) and people don't recognize you for a split second. No big deal. In honor of me writing this in my psych class right now, you with your hair down does not fit your coworker's schema of you. When he pictures you, he pictures the bun, so he didn't automatically think it's you.