Do you ever get self conscious about what you have to wear?

So like I guess I thought of this cause my friend is in wrestling and like their uniforms are super tight on everything... and I mean everything... and like I just think if I had to wear that in front of people, I would be super self conscious. I imagine the same can apply to girls who play volleyball and wear those tight shorts or swimmers (guys or girls) who wear those super tight swimsuits. It could also apply in other aspects too not related to sports. Does anyone out there have experience with this kind of thing?

212

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like swimsuits in general (or materials like them- i. e. spandex shorts or wrestling uniforms) are heavily clingy, and id be lying if i weren't self conscious every once in a while at the pool, making sure you're not exposing yourself too much or the material is clinging in an unflattering way. Honestly, the only tip i have to get over it, is to just not care what people think about your body. you are your own worst critic, and you see all of your flaws , but not everyone does- so just hold your head high and be confident. Guarantee if you dont worry about the clingy material in the nether regions, other people are less likely to pay attention to it too.

• Yeah, like clingy materials are not my friend lol. I have a few extra pounds. Also if its bottoms I would be really nervous about it being super tight on my crotch or getting in my butt as a wedgie

Most Helpful Guy