Do you ever get self conscious about what you have to wear?

So like I guess I thought of this cause my friend is in wrestling and like their uniforms are super tight on everything... and I mean everything... and like I just think if I had to wear that in front of people, I would be super self conscious. I imagine the same can apply to girls who play volleyball and wear those tight shorts or swimmers (guys or girls) who wear those super tight swimsuits. It could also apply in other aspects too not related to sports. Does anyone out there have experience with this kind of thing?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like swimsuits in general (or materials like them- i. e. spandex shorts or wrestling uniforms) are heavily clingy, and id be lying if i weren't self conscious every once in a while at the pool, making sure you're not exposing yourself too much or the material is clinging in an unflattering way. Honestly, the only tip i have to get over it, is to just not care what people think about your body. you are your own worst critic, and you see all of your flaws , but not everyone does- so just hold your head high and be confident. Guarantee if you dont worry about the clingy material in the nether regions, other people are less likely to pay attention to it too.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, like clingy materials are not my friend lol. I have a few extra pounds. Also if its bottoms I would be really nervous about it being super tight on my crotch or getting in my butt as a wedgie

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• Yeah... but it's usually if I think it's too much of something... or too little...
    But sometimes I just put it on and immediately get out there so I don't overthink it. And it's always good. =)
    Just do it...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes! All the time. It's totally normal.
    In my case it's either because something is too tight, or showing more than I'd like it to. Either way, if you're self-conscious, you're probably wearing the wrong thing. Wear what you're comfortable in and hopefully you should feel better :)

(If its for sports though, you're shit out of luck... but at least take consolation in the fact that everyone there is wearing the same awkward tight uniform :) )

0|1
    0|0
    • Good point about other people wearing the same thing. I never thoought of that part of it

• Definitely self conscious about my wardrobe. And when I played softball I felt ridiculous in my uniform.

0|1
    0|0
    • What kind of uniform was it that you felt that way?

• The uniform just didn't fit right. My pants were baggy and my shirt was a little big. And the sun visors looked dumb.

• I see lol

• Yes pretty much everytime I wear a bikini. I always get comments on my pale skin. Otherwise not really. I always find something I don't feel self-conscious in.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did at first, but eventually just stopped caring and got used to it. If I love the sport enough and am performing well, it's the last thing on my mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • Normally I only get this feeling when someone is trying to force me into wearing something I'm not comfortable with. Which happens only rarely, but occasionally I let myself be talked into wearing this or that & I hate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah lol, if I ever feel that my clothes are too tight and I'm uncomfortable/self conscious i'd go wear another outfit right away xD

0|0
    0|0
  • yes but then again I don't spend time on my outfit because i'm lazy and don't know fashion. As long as I match and my clothes are clean I'm good

0|0
    0|0
  • everyday lmao, even when i choose which pajamas to wear.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not unless I am going to go to a formal even where I have to dress up or a job interview

0|0
    0|0
    • So like you get more worried about when you're supposed to look good?

• Not really.
    I felt that way a lot when I was heavier.

0|0
    0|0
  • i do. i'm getting a brazilian butt loft ( thanks daddy lol) to fix it.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, that's why I wear large shirts which my mother hates and people think I'm a tomboy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes especially to house parties

0|1
    0|0
    • What are you usually wearing when that happens?

• Show All
    • Lol makes sense, do you feel like more guys are checking you out when you wear a dress or heels

• Nahh I don't think so

• Yeah lol. I always try to look my best

0|1
    0|0
    • You always show ur legs in ur profile pic they really seducing 😈

• Show All
    • Hahaha I really like ur feet 😍 and I hope I kiss them someday πŸ˜‚

• Damn girl
      Comparing me with a kid? 😢
      by the way I ain't hopeless
      Just in love with the shape of you :P

• would not affect me at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Constantly

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, everyday

0|0
    0|0
  • Yaaassss! lol For real I have felt this way before. Especially when we did swimming in gym class and all the boys were looking at me in the uniform swimsuit.

0|1
    0|0
    • You had uniform swimsuits?

• Yeah. Our school had a history of girls who wore really revelaling suits, so they gave us all uniform swimsuits in our school colors that "covered up" enough lol

• rarely, only when I feel like too many people are starting and even then I try to look comfortable 😎 haha

0|1
    0|0
    • Are there situations where you feel like too many people stare at you?

• sure, when I wear a bikini or when I wear shorts and tops or a dress and they don't even have to be skimpy

What Guys Said 1

Recommended myTakes