Where should I get my first tattoo?

1626

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how big. Shoulder is pretty good or like the shoulder blade area. Also, how visible do you want it. If you don't care and want to show it off, than your calf or leg is nice and sexy. Or on your wrist. But if you want to have it like teasy, than running up the side of your body is sexy. But, probably most importantly, how much pain can you tolerate? Places that have more thicker parts on the body are less susceptible to pain. The ones where there is less muscle or fatty tissue between the skin and your body hurt more so I've heard. Also some places have more nerve endings than others. Talk to the tattooist about this, they are pretty good at suggesting areas for what tattoo you want.

Most Helpful Girl

• I just got my first tattoo last October on my birthday. I got a shark fin on my left wrist; I figured I could show it off if I wanted to, or cover it up with a bracelet or watch if need be. Remember, some places are more sensitive than others... I've heard that the "fleshier" areas of the body are least painful. Ankles, feet and ribs might hurt a bit more, but it's wise to start small anyway.

I didn't think my wrist tattoo hurt much at all, but everyone is different. Tiny finger tattoos are cute too; I also think the shoulder blade is a good place, because you can show it off, or hide it. Good luck! And don't rush... make sure you're comfortable with the artist and that you get something that you know you will enjoy for years to come. My artist tried to persuade me to do the tattoo the way he wanted, but he was really cooperative when I requested that he stick to my original idea. So don't be afraid to be specific!