Where should I get my first tattoo?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how big. Shoulder is pretty good or like the shoulder blade area. Also, how visible do you want it. If you don't care and want to show it off, than your calf or leg is nice and sexy. Or on your wrist. But if you want to have it like teasy, than running up the side of your body is sexy. But, probably most importantly, how much pain can you tolerate? Places that have more thicker parts on the body are less susceptible to pain. The ones where there is less muscle or fatty tissue between the skin and your body hurt more so I've heard. Also some places have more nerve endings than others. Talk to the tattooist about this, they are pretty good at suggesting areas for what tattoo you want.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I just got my first tattoo last October on my birthday. I got a shark fin on my left wrist; I figured I could show it off if I wanted to, or cover it up with a bracelet or watch if need be. Remember, some places are more sensitive than others... I've heard that the "fleshier" areas of the body are least painful. Ankles, feet and ribs might hurt a bit more, but it's wise to start small anyway.

I didn't think my wrist tattoo hurt much at all, but everyone is different. Tiny finger tattoos are cute too; I also think the shoulder blade is a good place, because you can show it off, or hide it. Good luck! And don't rush... make sure you're comfortable with the artist and that you get something that you know you will enjoy for years to come. My artist tried to persuade me to do the tattoo the way he wanted, but he was really cooperative when I requested that he stick to my original idea. So don't be afraid to be specific!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Before you consider getting a Tattoo, you need to do some homework. Tattoos come with risks! Check the links below...

www.tattoodo.com/a/2014/01/tattoos-and-aging/

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...risks_n_7461484.html

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe a first tattoo should be done somewhere only you can see.
    Reason behind is simple coz this will let know you know if you are comfortable with it on your skin and as your question says "first", it also tells me that you might look forward to getting more of them.
    So why not try it on a personal space and then go on with more if you find yourselves okay with carrying more tats.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on what tattoo you want. Different ones look better on different areas of the body.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think it depends of the content.

for example, if u were to tattoo something like this:
    www.tattoogen.com/.../Deus%20Lux%20Mea%20Est.jpg
    then in the back. or in the neck, at the side of the neck could be cool too

0|0
    0|0
  • If it wasn't your first I'd say get a sleeve but that's a bit over the top for a first tattoo.
    Just make sure to go to a place with a good reputation and it's even better if you see them open the needles that way you know they're sterile.
    One tip A&d works pretty well for tattoo aftercare.

0|0
    0|0
  • Around your upper arm, don't go too crazy. And also if you're talking location make sure it's sanitary and certified and all dat

1|0
    0|0
  • I would recommend your shoulder, either front or back, but make it so that if you feel the need to cover it up it is easy to do. I only suggest this because some industries (business) don't favor ink, although this seems to be changing, it is hard to know until you are hired. I would discourage the neck, face or hands for the same reason as above, additionally neck tattoos have a tendency to look somewhat tacky. Mind you I have a few tats myself (one on my shoulder blade and the other on my forearm) neither of which I regret getting done or having. :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • I would suggest above your ankle and by your shoulder blade

1|0
    0|0
  • Where ever you want. I recommend getting one on your butt because that's a place where no one will see it and it hurts the least there.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what you're getting and how big it is and I get it somewhere you can cover it with clothes if you need to

0|0
    0|0
  • I would get a good tattoo to cover over a birthmark.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get one above your vag that reads "Lucky You".

1|0
    1|0
  • Don't. :D

2|0
    0|0
  • Tattoo parlour

1|1
    0|0
  • At the mall

1|0
    0|0
  • back side of ur neck

1|0
    0|0
  • Your left butt cheek

0|0
    0|0
  • Have @asexy help you with that๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

0|1
    0|0
  • on your boob or just above it.

0|0
    0|0
  • At a tattooist

0|0
    0|0
  • the butchers

0|0
    0|0
  • Afghan prisons do the best ink, hardest part is figuring out how to get in, good luck!

1|0
    0|0
  • Ankle/calf

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. below your neck
    2. back
    3. on your legs/hands
    these are in order of my preference

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• shoulder blade

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you want to get. I kind of like spine tattoos for long/tall ones, and back of neck or shoulder is neat too. But honestly it all depends on what tattoo you want and whether you think you might want more in the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the design? And your pain threshhold. I dont have the best as I pass out at needles/blood so I started on my thigh which wasn't too bad (nearly got a sleeve there now) wouldn't recommend having your first tattoo on your stomach or hip though as I found it worse than having your shoulder blade...

0|0
    0|0
  • I depends on what it is, where it will look good... But try somewhere safe, so u know you'll b able to handle it... Just in case the pain isn't what u r expecting...

1|0
    0|0
  • I have three tattoos. My favorite one is inside my right ring finger and it is a tiny arrow. Most people never notice it. It reminds me that when life seems to drag me back. It is only to prepare me to move forward with great force.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want everyone to see it, which I assume you do why else would anyone want to get a tattoo, I recommend your face ๐Ÿ˜.
    Good luck

0|1
    0|0
  • No where because tattoos are bad for your skin and there is a chance that that the tattoo artist is not care full and give you some type of disease

1|0
    0|0
  • Where isn't the question you should be asking. What and why should be. If you are asking us then you shouldn't be getting it. A tattoo is a very personal thing, and certain tattoos look better on certain areas.

My friend has a great rule for her tattoos. She puts a picture up (hand drawn, printed, whatever) of the tattoo on the wall opposite her bed forcing her to look at it every day. If 6-12 months she isn't sick of it, she gets it. It's her test.

Don't jump on the tattoo wagon for the fun of it. Think about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also you need to consider your career. Some areas will request you cover tattoos (e. g. Retail) so can you stand having say your wrist bandaged a lot of the time?

• Got my first one around around my right shoulder. Wrist and ankle also good places as well

0|0
    0|0
  • Wrist :)

1|0
    0|0
  • On the arms...

1|0
    0|0
  • Forehead

1|0
    0|0
  • On the vagina