Black haired roots but white tips? IM ONLY 17?

Does anyone have an explanation for this? Please help! I'm turning 17 in a month and this shouldn't be happening?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• The longer your hair, the more damage prone the ends become. It's cause is generally exposure to artificial heat, excessive time in the sun, or showering with the water being too hot. Scissor cuts can also cause an illusion of this white'ness. If your ends doesn't split, there's not really anything to worry about, as far as I know.

• I'm out in the sun a lot bc of my sport so the sun could be a reason?

• Yes, likely so. People with similar symptoms have mentioned that they'd take just a tiny bit off and then it was as if nothing'd happened in the first place. If you don't want that however, you could try a shorter hairstyle, or use hair products designed for it. A professional will be able to explain it better, I just like knowing random things. :3

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you pulling the hair out and there is a white bulb on the end because that would be the root?

• My friend found 3 and one of them was white at the root then black, white again then black at the ends

• when I was young I always had ridiculously thick bright blond hair. when I was 17 it started coming out. it is a common time for genetic abnormalities to start.

• Oh wow lol I'm gonna ask my doctor about it then