Black haired roots but white tips? IM ONLY 17?

Does anyone have an explanation for this? Please help! I'm turning 17 in a month and this shouldn't be happening?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The longer your hair, the more damage prone the ends become. It's cause is generally exposure to artificial heat, excessive time in the sun, or showering with the water being too hot. Scissor cuts can also cause an illusion of this white'ness. If your ends doesn't split, there's not really anything to worry about, as far as I know.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm out in the sun a lot bc of my sport so the sun could be a reason?

• Yes, likely so. People with similar symptoms have mentioned that they'd take just a tiny bit off and then it was as if nothing'd happened in the first place. If you don't want that however, you could try a shorter hairstyle, or use hair products designed for it. A professional will be able to explain it better, I just like knowing random things. :3

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you pulling the hair out and there is a white bulb on the end because that would be the root?

0|0
    0|0
    • My friend found 3 and one of them was white at the root then black, white again then black at the ends

• Show All
    • when I was young I always had ridiculously thick bright blond hair. when I was 17 it started coming out. it is a common time for genetic abnormalities to start.

• Oh wow lol I'm gonna ask my doctor about it then

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• my ex had silver peppered hair in her black hair starting about that age. it made her VERY self conscious but I thought it was super SUPER sexy. it caused her to dye her hair, despite my constant begging for her to let the silver grow in. I think it's a black haired Irish thing.
    is your blood Irish?

0|0
    0|0
    • Nope not Irish

• Show All
    • yeah, black and white? like pepper. I love that look, I think it's sexy. a lot of people will too. can I see a picture of it? your hair that is..

• I tried to put up a picture and it didn't work, but my hair is all dark brown it's just a couple strands that my friends found that was like that

• if u mean ur have hair goin white at the ends and the roots and majority of ur hair is normal then it could be hereditary

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I am envious of that! I wish my hair had white roots, it would look super cool *_*. If you don't like the look of it, start dyeing your white roots with a dye close to your natural hair color.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you have black roots? I'm not sure what is the issue here

0|0
    0|0
    • Yup black roots but white in the middle then black ends, there's a mixture of the pattern and they're all in a general vicinity

• Show All
    • My mom has a lot of white hair but my dad does not and he's 54

• are you sure that no one played a prank on you with dye or bleach? because that would easily explain this. if you cut off below the white, it may just continue growing in black.

Recommended myTakes