What are causing my dark circles and how can I get rid of them (without makeup)?

I've had dark circles since i can remember, (9 years old is when i think it began) and i have no clue why. my diet isn't amazing, but its alright, i exercise daily, i get 8-10 hours of sleep a night. the only thing i can think of is that i use my computer almost all day. a good 8 hours a day if im being honest, and if im not on my computer i'm on my phone. is this whats causing the dark circles? if so, how would i be able to cut down on my computer usage? the dark circles are ruining my outward appearance, my school doesn't allow makeup so i can't cover them up. they make me look like a grey, sad, tired zombie. and i'm desperate to get rid of them for good.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• The enemy you're fighting is likely nasal congestion. Causes for dark circles could be sickness, and allergies, to iron deficiency and simply rubbing your eyes a lot. You may think that sleep would combat dark circles right? No, when we sleep we lie horizontally, which makes fluids build up under your eyes. The illusion that lack of sleep causes dark circles, is because lack of sleep causes your skin to appear pale (don't drink too much water before bed).

Now, what can you do? Well, I know I literally just said not to rub your eyes, but what you can actually do, is when showering, use a wet clothe and gently massage the area of concern (gently!) and don't be afraid to go all the way up to the bridge of your nose. Another easy thing to do, is to pop a wet clothe in the freezer and retrieve in in an hour or so, when the water has been crystalized. With said clothe, press it lightly (again, gently!) under your eyes. I'll recommend doing so as part of a morning routine, and before going to bed, until you achieve the desired effect.

Most Helpful Girl

• Genetics. I am the same way. However, strangely enough I like them. Drink lots of fluids, I have heard that it can help.
    Also, put a spoon in the fridge for 1 hour. After 1 hour, take it and apply it on the areas. It can help reduce them, but it won't get rid of them.