I'm 16 and I already found some white hairs is this normal?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• The premature graying problem is largely genetic. Hair follicles contain pigment cells that produce melanin, which gives your tresses their color. When your body stops generating melanin, hair presents itself as gray, white, or silver.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Try taking PABA , several studies found that it's deficiency is related to early graying. You can google it. Taking it along with vitamins of B group might stop the process. Also try putting amla on your scalp.
    But the process is normal and depends on your genes a lot. Did any of your parents have the same "problem"? If no it might be connected to stress or vitamin deficiency, if yes just embrace it, not a problem

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks so you have experience with this?
      No my parents aren't grey yet and they didn't had this problem. I'm not really under a lot of stress accually just a little

• Show All
    • I'm very glad for you) good luck)!

• Thank you really sweet 😊

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I remember having a long hair on my chin that was white when i was your age. It was weird as I was growing a goatee at the time. I don't have white hairs on my face as my hair is black on my beard and mustache.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well , yes it happens , not to everybody but to some people , i also have a few

1|0
    0|0
    • So it's normal?

• Show All
    • I know , i also recently often get stressed but there is no another way to be healthy

• Yeah I guess

• my cousin has a massive white streak in his otherwise black hair. he got it at 14, it happens

1|0
    0|0
  • It's fine. I'm 16 and have two patches of grey hair. One since birth and one from a few years ago. I don't care

1|0
    0|0
  • My mate started going grey at 13. Not very noticeable and he's nearly 17 now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I started having white hairs when I was like 14

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is different, so don't worry...

1|0
    0|0
    • That's not really an reassuring

• Show All
    • I'm sorry you feel that way...

• I'm sorry you feel that way...

• happened to my mom at 15

1|0
    0|0
    • How fast did her whole hair turned grey after that?

• Show All
    • Thanks

• no problem!

• i have some too nothing unusual

1|0
    0|0
    • Glad I'm not the only one

• Yep. Women age very fast. Much faster than men.

1|0
    1|0
  • Ya it's normal I had a few here and there in ha

1|0
    0|0
  • yes its very normal

1|0
    0|0
  • It happens. I'm going grey. But I'm ill and only have until 23. I'm in my mid teens. But it doesn't mean you are too. It's stress. Or a sign of being unhealthy in comparison of what the normal human structure should be handling. E. g a lot of walking out in the sun and so much fruit like the first humans on earth

1|0
    0|0
    • Omg what kinda illness you got? There is no sun where I am it's only cold and I eat fruit daily

• Show All
    • It's acid reflux cause by a physiological and throat tightening eating disorder. The term, if there is one, I'm not aware of

• @Anon , am sorry for pyring. last question I promise, so basically what you are saying is that you have acid reflux plus another disorder?

What Girls Said 7

• "Teenagers get gray hair for the same reason as adults. Hair goes gray when color-producing cells stop producing pigment. Gray hair is considered premature in Caucasians under 20 years of age and African Americans under 30. There are a few health conditions that can cause premature graying, but these are not typically the cause.

Health problems that can cause premature graying include vitamin B-12 deficiency, pituitary gland and thyroid gland issues. Outside of these rare causes, doctors do not know what causes premature graying, though genetics seems to play a role. Typically, Caucasians begin to gray is their mid-30s, Asians in their late 30s, and African Americans in their mid-40s.

Premature graying may be stopped or helped by avoiding smoking and taking a daily supplement combination of 15 mg zinc and 1 mg copper, which has been shown to delay the arrival of gray hair in young people. Reminex GH, a hair color restoration vitamin, can also provide assistance."

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks so much for this information it kinda makes sense. I never smoked in my life so that's not the problem. I think I'll get those vitamins by the pharmacist hope it it will work!

• If you have black hair, many of my friends say that their white hairs eventually darken. If not, white hairs are just things that happen. It can be from stress or it can be in your genes. I wouldn't worry too much.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's normal. For me it was either because of stress or eating too little veggies.

1|0
    0|0
  • I know a couple person with that. It seems genetic.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're stressed, then yeah.

1|0
    0|0
  • premature gray hair is common

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup. Pretty normal. Are you stressed out?

1|0
    0|0
    • A little but not extreme

Recommended myTakes