Is it acceptable for men to wear makeup (to any degree) in current western society and why?

• Yes
  • No

4549

Most Helpful Girl

• I think when guys hear the word make-up, they tend to think of what girls do with it... lipstick, eyeliner, blush, what have you. I photograph a lot of people all day long, men and women, and I suggest to male clients, usually with a little help from their female friends or spouses, or girlfriends that they dab on a little concealer here or there for the blemishes that they complain about to me and want me to fix in post. I don't want to do that for every single photo, so we dab on concealer and they wine about it and think it makes them womanly and whatever, but then they see the pictures and just like women, when it's done and blended, you can't even tell. Even the manliest action star actors in the world wear make-up on set to cover everything from scars, to blemishes, to freckles, to wrinkles.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most girls are saying yes.

I strongly suspect they mean 'it's okay and men shouldn't be shamed for doing so'

The pertinent question though is 'would you be less likely to date a man who you noticed wore makeup?'

And I suspect you will find most women react negatively. But maybe I'm wrong.

• Tbh I'd be more likely to date a guy who wears makeup, since I appreciate it when guys aren't afraid to defy gender stereotypes.