Whats a good foundation to avoid caked face?

I've tried revlon and l'oreal foundations (revlon colorstay and l'oreal true match) and both look so patchy on my face. I do put moisturizer and primer before foundation. I think I have a combination of dry and oily skin.
Any recommendations? And any tips to avoid cakeyness? Its been irritating me -_-
I dont really want to spend that much on make up brands (e. g. NARS, Too faced, etc..)

200

Most Helpful Girl

• I have dry to combination skin. I know you said you don't want to spend a lot but out of all the foundations I've tried, Too Faced Born This Way foundation looks the best on me. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD foundation is good too.

As for drugstore foundations, I really like L'oreal true match. Did you try the original or the Lumi? I like the Lumi version better as it looks more radiant and it's not patchy on me at all. It's actually the only drugstore foundation I've found that I like. Lol I also apply my foundation with a beauty blender (Real Techniques has a makeup sponge that is good too, and more affordable) which is AMAZING and gives a very nice, blended look. I like it better than any foundation brush I've tried.

Make sure you are exfoliating your skin. If you have dry patches like me, I need to use a facial scrub at least once a week to help even out and smooth my skin which helps with makeup application. Using a good cleanser and moisturizer works wonders as well. Priming the skin is also very important so you want to make sure you're using a good face primer as well.

• What moisturizer and primer do you use? I use both as well before foundation.
      Yeah I use the real technique sponge for concealer. I haven't tried the Lumi foundation.

• I really like the Smashbox original photo finish primer and the Benefit POREfessional face primer. They are a bit pricey though so one thing you can do is if you go to Sephora, ask for samples. They can give you samples and then you can actually try out different products to see what works for your skin type the best before you actually buy anything. For moisturizers, lately I've been using the belif true cream aqua bomb which is really nice. I like it a lot. Neutrogena has some good moisturizers too like the Hydro Boost water gel.