Help taking the next step in my look?

My mom doesn't like the "emo" look. The things she is against are Hair dye, Piercings, ripped jeans, and shirts that have "screaming bands" on it or skulls, Stuff like that. I started wearing more black, parted my hair over a bit, and even got side bands now ^-^ Planning on getting Vans soon but I still dont look the way I would like to. Im not a poser, and please dont say stuff like "Emo was so 2006." or anything like that. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks :)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• hey.. it is your looks.. be whatever you want.. you can even walk in wonder woman costume if you want.. it is your life.. live it..

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you wearing makeup? Don't just do the black eyeliner around your eyes, that's lame. Pump it up with whatever color your wearing as well like:
    www.fashionabove.com/.../emo-makeup-2.jpg
    As for the hair, you could get extensions that clip in so that you don't have them in while going to family events and such.
    You could do vintage shirts as opposed to skulls

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! Surprisingly my mother won't allow makeup tho xd

• It something to look forward to when you move out 😊

• Exactly, Thanks so much!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• Well the whole point of being 'emo' is to not listen to anyone else but yourself, so do whatever you want with your hair, clothes etc, find whatever you feel comfortable in but I'd recommend ripped jeans, skirts, fish net tights, band tees etc just experiment and be different (coming from a former emo)

1|0
    0|0
  • the worst look you can do is create a forced hair part and cover one eye with hair. if you want to do the emo look then do it. just always keep in mind that it is a phase. if you don't you may go overboard and waste your money on stuff your future self doesn't want. I speak from experience. do not do panda eyes either. it makes you look like a total fool.

0|0
    1|0
  • You should act and dress with you family in mind but the way you want. You don't need anyone to tell you how to dress which includes your mother x

1|0
    0|0
  • well, I'm not really good with make up in general 😂
    😮 but google images would help, find pics that you like and try it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes