Help taking the next step in my look?

My mom doesn't like the "emo" look. The things she is against are Hair dye, Piercings, ripped jeans, and shirts that have "screaming bands" on it or skulls, Stuff like that. I started wearing more black, parted my hair over a bit, and even got side bands now ^-^ Planning on getting Vans soon but I still dont look the way I would like to. Im not a poser, and please dont say stuff like "Emo was so 2006." or anything like that. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks :)

51

Most Helpful Guy

• hey.. it is your looks.. be whatever you want.. you can even walk in wonder woman costume if you want.. it is your life.. live it..

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you wearing makeup? Don't just do the black eyeliner around your eyes, that's lame. Pump it up with whatever color your wearing as well like:
    www.fashionabove.com/.../emo-makeup-2.jpg
    As for the hair, you could get extensions that clip in so that you don't have them in while going to family events and such.
    You could do vintage shirts as opposed to skulls

• Thanks! Surprisingly my mother won't allow makeup tho xd

• It something to look forward to when you move out 😊

• Exactly, Thanks so much!