Girls! Is this normal?

I have really long eyelashes and as for makeup mascara is the only thing I use. But yesterday I realized they're shorter (just a little bit so). Two days ago when I was traveling I was really late in the morning and I couldn't do my makeup home so I got my friend's mascara. It wasn't branded so I was kind of scared to try it tbh but I did anyway. Normally I use Maybelline New York. Now are my eyelashes shorter just bcs of the nonbranded mascara or is it something else?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• leaving mascara on your lashes overnight does moreharm than you know. When themascara dries overnight, it cancause your lashes to fall off, and a stiff lash can actually scratch your cornea while you're sleeping.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • No I never leave it overnight
      I always clean it

• it also depends on the brand dear. Some are harmful. try to change it

Most Helpful Girl

• Its breakage first off never share cosmetics you can get infections like crazy second its a drugstore brand so thats not very high quality and will definitely cause breakage. YouTube a diy eyelash growth oil and apply also discontinue any that cause it. Also consider what you use to remove it because that can cause it as well I personally love coconut oil because its known for not doing that moisturizes the eye to prevent wrinkles and helps grow your lashes so i remove with it and then apply a little at the end separately to help them grow

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• you are aging.. it is just that you are getting old..

1|0
    0|0
  • Well theyd fall off, but get shorter? maybe its the mirror or you always thought you had long lashes when in fact you had mini ones... or your mascara makes you shrink, maybe you got shorter too

0|0
    0|0
  • lol having eyelash fall xD
    Which brand u used

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't know it wasn't branded at all
      Something I never seen before it probably was something cheap af

• Oh I think it just messy
      Just try to comb it with a eyelash brush 😝

• Perhaps your friend's was cheap or old so maybe your lashes got dry and broke off or look less uniform

Tbh i have no idea

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• its weird that all that happened in two days only :/

1|0
    0|0
  • You could have pulled out a few more cleaning them if the cheaper brand was waterproof or stuck more - but you could also just be at that point in your lash cycle where the longer ones have fallen out and the others haven't grown into that length yet.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's just been this once - give it 2-3 weeks to see if they come back in before stressing

1|1
    0|0
  • it might be a part of an illusion, but if you're certain, then you may be allergic to some of the content in the mascara and some long eyelashes fell out. Or the mascara has expired. I used expired mascara for a couple weeks once, and so many of my eyelashes fell out. They took a while to grow back in. be careful with what makeup you use :) They'll grow back dun worry

1|0
    0|0
  • No I think it's something else maybe it just looks like that or you accidentally pulled some hairs while you wear cleaning your lashes because I use all kinds of mascaras and they never got shorter of a non branded mascara

1|0
    0|0
  • They probably aren't shorter, the mascara could possibly have stuck to the eyelashes so I suggest using something to clean them like those eyelash brush things.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think your lashes can get shorter unless you cut them.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I've never had that before...
    But maybe you just think that they are shorter. At least i hope that for you...

1|0
    0|0
  • What?
    I think your lashes just fell off. Mine never did that in two days.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't share mascaras it's not good

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes