Why is it gross for someone with naturally curly hair to not use shampoo everyday?

So I posted a my take about how I manage to use shampoo just once a week. I never said anything about my shower habits. So because I didn't explicitly say what my shower habits were, some guys assumed that I only shower once a week. I explicitly said that I use conditioner everyday because I have naturally curly hair and naturally curly hair is prone to dryness. I don't leave the conditioner in my hair. I have to take another shower to wash the conditioner out. All of sudden I hear my brother's voice saying, "Men. Am I right?" Shampoo just dries your hair out. It doesn't magically make you clean.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people just don't really read things through. Some people are just idiots. Not every shower has to include shampooing or washing hair even.

2|0
    0|0
    • It's really annoying they don't read everything through. Then I have to explain everything again.

• I know it does me to. I hate it more when people try to assume that Im someway or do something when in reality they have no idea nor do I mention what they are trying to assume

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not consider it gross at all. You are actually right since shampoo can damage hair a lot, especially hair that is already dry. I usually shampoo my hair 2-3 times a week, while I used to do it every single day in the past. I have noticed a difference to be honest.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think it's gross. It's what is best for your hair. It just shows ingnorance in people. They assume instead of asking.

3|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing gross about that. If people are hassling you about that, they don't understand that everyone has different hair texture and sebum production. Most people should not wash their hair every day.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is bad to shampoo your hair everyday, and it is definitely not gross, it just damages your hair. I have naturally curly hair as well and I wash my hair every 5 days or when my curls start to fall.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't see a problem as long as its not dirty. There's diff regimens for diff hair types, and hair really shouldn't be washed everyday

2|0
    0|0
  • i just condition.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes