Why is it gross for someone with naturally curly hair to not use shampoo everyday?

So I posted a my take about how I manage to use shampoo just once a week. I never said anything about my shower habits. So because I didn't explicitly say what my shower habits were, some guys assumed that I only shower once a week. I explicitly said that I use conditioner everyday because I have naturally curly hair and naturally curly hair is prone to dryness. I don't leave the conditioner in my hair. I have to take another shower to wash the conditioner out. All of sudden I hear my brother's voice saying, "Men. Am I right?" Shampoo just dries your hair out. It doesn't magically make you clean.

61

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people just don't really read things through. Some people are just idiots. Not every shower has to include shampooing or washing hair even.

• It's really annoying they don't read everything through. Then I have to explain everything again.

• I know it does me to. I hate it more when people try to assume that Im someway or do something when in reality they have no idea nor do I mention what they are trying to assume

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not consider it gross at all. You are actually right since shampoo can damage hair a lot, especially hair that is already dry. I usually shampoo my hair 2-3 times a week, while I used to do it every single day in the past. I have noticed a difference to be honest.