Thoughts on this lookbook?

Do you think it's too much of a fad? It's what we call ' too instagramy', but I disagree, there are many fashion bloggers who don't follow this style, in their Instagram they post something different and nicer, therefore, there is no such thing as 'Instagram style'.
I think some of the outfits look neat and put together, but it's not something I would go crazy about. While the outfits are definitely not plain, it's not original either, because this style is seen almost everywhere. I thought this won't be everyone's cup of tea, and maybe most teenage girls would love this style.
The first outfit screams teenage girl, don't you think?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• all not attractive

5|1
    0|0
    • Tout à fait d'accord

• les gens sont attirés par ça? sérieusement?

• Heureusement la plupart des gens ne sont pas attiré par ce style. Ça me soulage de Savior qu'il y a des personnes qui ont du gout comme même. Je voyais que les abonés de cette Youtubeuse adoraient ce style, et je me suis, ah non, c'est vrai que ce n'est pas aussi horrible que ça, mais ce n'est pas du "wow" non plus, c'est trop cliché, j'espère que les gens de gag n'aimeront pas ça, et je ne suis pas deçu. :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 19

• no just no

0|1
    1|0
    • Yeah... okay?
      As if you have "amazing" fashion sense 😂😂

• Show All
    • #1 I'm calm
      #2 You really need to get educated on some manner ethics and how to properly interact with others

• #3 get a life you commented to other guy saying that you agree that he doesn't like it
      and when it comes to me... you always have something to say... even back when you used your old account... pathethic

• i like the pink bodycon dress

0|0
    0|0
  • Late teens looks, extreme Kylie Jenner influence, and very American. Overall, bland and sure it's a look, but it's very pedestrian.

A lot of it looks bargain brand, like she shops at garage and everything's made out of polyester or some kind of blend. I'm all about cheap clothing, but it can't LOOK cheap. Fabric matters.

2|0
    0|0
    • Good point.
      The outfits are from MissGuided. com, I don't know... it seems like everyone shops from there, I know the site certainly does not include high fashion pieces, and the clothing style they offer is a fad, but are they really that bad? To the point they look cheap?

• Unfortunately yes, the fabric looks cheap in every outfit, and giant holes in anything is very pedestrian/teenager. Throwing a heel on it isn't saving it either, "like lipstick on a pig" as we say. It's a shame because the woman is beautiful but this is very... basic, beginner style, no money and just figuring out how to dress yourself

• True. It's a Youtuber I'm subscribed to, by the way.
      Usually I like her fashion sense, but I'm disappointed in this video :/ I asked this question to know if this style really is **that** overrated. I'm glad it's not everyone's cup of tea, tbh.
      The only thing missing was a sweater with a choker attached to it, just to complete the cliché lol xD
      media.missguided.com/.../...--manches-longues.webp

• Not wowed. It looks like things you would see on forever21's website. Plus. One of those outfits is just jeans and a shirt. Like. Really? Nothing about it is edgy or different. If I wanted to look basic, I'd rather look on Instagram than watch a 10 minute video about it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly. I they're the basic girl outfits, and because of that these outfits are not chic.

• think**

• I did not like any of them.
    The pink dress and the hairstyle does not look good on her. It may attract attention but not in a good way.

2|0
    0|0
    • Me too I'm not too fan of this lookbook :/ I think it's trying too hard.
      I wanted to know if people actually found this stylish or overused.

• I like a lot of the pieces, some of the complete outfits are really cute. I liked the first one. The 2nd would be cute in sneakers, not heels. Obviously, she's appealing to young instagram fashion lovers. It's working for her.

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't you think the first is a lot like what a teenage girl would wear?
      I thought something more grown up, while still not granny like, would look much better. I love this Youtuber I've been watching her videos for almost three years, but if I'm being honest, she deceived me with this lookbook :/ I'm not watching her videos that much anymore, since I found someone with a better style.

• It's definitely gimmicky and showy. IG fashion has little subtlety that's for sure. I like some ig fashion, the first outfit wasn't that bad to me, but the pants were too ripped in my opinion.

• Not my style and the music was too annoying to persevere through the whole vid.

1|1
    1|0
  • Styles come and go and fashion does follow fads sometimes. It's the nature of the beast. What I like about Instagram is that regular women with regular bodies are kind of taking over "fashion" so it's not all just mondo-expensive clothes featured in Vogue. It's often a lot about using a regular person's resources and shopping regular stores, even making some of your own, and finding a personal style. I like that aspect of it, though I don't use Instagram myself.

I am very short waisted myself, so I often find things like bomber jackets are not cut to fit me well, but this woman wears them attractively. I might wear that white top in the last picture though. Plunging necklines tend to work well on me.

0|0
    0|0
    • True, she wears the bomber attractively. I find that anything looks good on her, lol. Despite the outfits in the video, at least look presentable and have an effort put into them, it's still not my cup of tea. It's too regular and common for me, I'm more into Voguesque fashion.

• I love good design, so yeah, I enjoy high fashion, but I also love how people express themselves in their clothing.

The only thing I didn't like this model in was the crop-tank and jeans. I just don't like that fit of jeans, and I think tanks like that look better with shorts.

• I tend to love lookbooks because it's something that I can physically touch and go through and make notes on. These ones on Instagram are too flashy and over done in a way.

0|0
    0|0
  • it looks more sexy than it looks fashionable honestly or original or elegant
    but the girl is hot

2|1
    0|0
  • Not really my personal style, but it looks very trendy :)

0|0
    0|0
    • It's a trend for sure, but trends aren't always good. I think these kinds of outfits are over hyped by some people.
      I have to admit though, what I liked about this lookbook is the red bomber.

• I like it but my Mom says it looks trashy. So i stopped buying a lot of clothes like that haha :p

0|0
    0|0
  • I love all of them. Although I would choose a top that doesn't show my boobs.

0|0
    0|0
    • Really? I thought most people won't like this style, with the exception of teen girls.

• Probably most people doesn't like those style but I do I think it look good especially the last two.

• I don't like it

1|0
    0|0
  • They were pretty boring I thought.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah they were pretty boring with the exception of the red bomber. Now that I think of it, the red bomber looks pretty cool and adorable.

• Some Instagram stuff is boring. Normally, I want to scroll past it, to be honest. I like the make up more.

• Not my style at all

1|1
    0|0
  • It's really not my style but that's just my taste.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cute outfits but the shoes r all no

0|0
    0|0
  • liked it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes