Are girls as ugly as they think?

I'm very self-conscious. I hate the way I look. But I'm told all the time that I'm gorgeous and beautiful but I don't feel that way. At all. I know being unconfident is unattractive, do guys really look for beauty when dating a girl?

317

Most Helpful Guy

• No, girls are not as ugly as they think. Girls are highly attractive to guys. However, advertisers hold up impossibly high standards to induce naive girls to buy their products. Likewise, beauty is overrated. It is merely one of many qualities that men find attractive.
    Finally, being without confidence is not unattractive to men. Men care much less about confidence in a woman, while women's assessment of confidence in a man is much more important.
    Concern yourself on the inside more than the outside. A right heart is more important than mere external beauty.

As a ring of gold in a swine's snout So is a beautiful woman who lacks discretion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe every girl feel ugly at times. Most of us dont believe anyone when they tell us we are pretty but as soon as somebldy say something rude we tend to believe it easily. I believe society have a big impact on the way we see ourself. Fake models and plastic surgery put up standerds that is very difficult to compete with. Hope this help you getting some perspective. By the way, Im not English, so please excuse any grammar or spelling errors xx