Are girls as ugly as they think?

I'm very self-conscious. I hate the way I look. But I'm told all the time that I'm gorgeous and beautiful but I don't feel that way. At all. I know being unconfident is unattractive, do guys really look for beauty when dating a girl?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• No, girls are not as ugly as they think. Girls are highly attractive to guys. However, advertisers hold up impossibly high standards to induce naive girls to buy their products. Likewise, beauty is overrated. It is merely one of many qualities that men find attractive.
    Finally, being without confidence is not unattractive to men. Men care much less about confidence in a woman, while women's assessment of confidence in a man is much more important.
    Concern yourself on the inside more than the outside. A right heart is more important than mere external beauty.

As a ring of gold in a swine's snout So is a beautiful woman who lacks discretion.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe every girl feel ugly at times. Most of us dont believe anyone when they tell us we are pretty but as soon as somebldy say something rude we tend to believe it easily. I believe society have a big impact on the way we see ourself. Fake models and plastic surgery put up standerds that is very difficult to compete with. Hope this help you getting some perspective. By the way, Im not English, so please excuse any grammar or spelling errors xx

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• no they're not I've known so many gorgeous girls who carry with them insecurities they developed while they were younger and carried it with them as they got older I used to be like them too I remember when I was younger and in school I was always insecure thinking I was ugly and not attractive and that's why no one liked me but now looking back at pictures I was realize I was a very cute kid and teenager just my introvertness and shy tendencies was the reason I didn't date anybody

0|0
    0|0
    • I got through this phase and realized how unrealistic my insecurities were, girls insecurities are just as unreal as mine the only difference is there's way more pressure on you guys to look "beautiful" or whatever than on guys which is why you'll probably feel insecure when you compare yourself to the top 1% of models who also happens to be photoshopped also any guy worth dating isn't gonna put attractiveness that be all end all of his will I date her checklist any guy who dates somebody only for your looks is probably someone you want to avoid

• Well they did a study where they took 2 people. The first person had to describe himself and the second person described the 1st person. In the end they found that the 2 person described the first person as a much more beautiful than the first person did.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, guys look for beauty when seeking a mate, Yes, you are beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not usually. And I also find the uglier the woman thinks she is, the hotter she is a lot of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I say yes because beauty is not objective, its subjective. So if you think you're ugly, then to yourself you are ugly. But just because you think you're ugly doesn't mean others will.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks aren't everything a guy will look for. So embrace the way you look, own it and be confident.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they do.
    And there is no good reason to 'hate the way you look'. It's just a negative FEELING. QUIT IT.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.. we see beauty.. but not if she is irritating.. and yeah.. attitude matters.. and yeah.. you are good looking...

0|0
    0|0
  • People horribly overrate themselves yeah.
    So I just accept the fact that I'm probably pretty hideous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nearly 68 of the girls get a rating of 3.30 to 670. Only 16% of the girls lie below this and another 16% of the girls lie above this. But the problem arises when girls want to compare themselves with girls who rate 8.30 or higher. But they fail to realize that only 2% of the girls get that type of rating. And most of these girls have shallow and superficial personality. They are usually mean-spirited and self centered. They get what they want because they are idealized and given attention by people. They reap the benefit of great social acceptance. But when their physical attributes fade they resort to radical measures like multiple cosmetic surgeries. to reclaim their lost glory. Although their chances of marriage is the highest , their chances of divorce is also very high. When their looks fade they don't have a personality to fall back on because they never tried to develop their personality as they gained everything by their good looks.

0|0
    0|0
    • You're assuming a normal distribution (a bell curve).
      I honestly think beauty is not distributed that way.
      I think there is a tail to the left. So, the median is above the mean.
      (I could be wrong.)

• Show All
    • @I-am-a-nobody You have tried to put some logic into your explanation. Good. I have got my figures from Bell curve model of beauty. But in a different study by Quick Match , the average scores differ across races. White women 2.90/5 , Asian Women 2.80/5 , Latina 2.70/5 , Black 1.90/5. These are based on actual voting by subscribers of Quick Match.-OK Cupid.

• Thanks for the MHO.

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• They do. Also, stop being silly, you are nowhere near ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm like you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes