How do you react when a female doesn't have a flat stomach? (In public)?

Basically! I'm not a skinny girl (no hate to girls who are) & I like to flaunt my curves. My tummy has never & never will be flat. I would have to do some extreme exercising & nearly starve myself to achieve that. Which is just fucking stupid & I refuse to do that. Anyway! I went out with my boyfriend the other night. I wore a body-hugging sweater dress & some killer gray knee high boots. I was feeling GREAT. I was strutting like nobody's fucking business. Then all my confidence faltered when some idiot walked up to my boyfriend & I with this: "Oh wow! Congrat, what are you having?" *gesturing to my stomach as well* Then when he saw my clearly shocked & angry face, he simply said, "Ohhh... from back there... you looked like you got a bump." All I could muster was to flip my hair, walk away & shout "THANKS!" till he shut up. I literally wanted to just cry. I felt so fucking pretty that night & some wrongly chosen words broke me down. Is it just me being crazy or is it SO RUDE to comment on a woman's "bump"? Because you can't always tell, OBVIOUSLY, who's actually pregnant. UNLESS you have a flat fucking tummy of course! So I feel like, it's best not to even say anything at all. Save yourself from looking like a complete douchebag & hurting a "fat" chick's feelings.

• Do you ask them if they're pregnant?
  • Do you call them fat?
  • Or are you polite & keep any rude thoughts to yourself?
    Vote C

1832

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't react at all. I don't care.
    Also, because you were talking about trying to get a flat belly, I wanted to say something. A completely flat belly for anyone with a uterus is not physically possible. Your uterus actually is tilted forward and pushes out against your lower belly. So there is actually an organ in the way.

• I never said I wanted a flat stomach. I don't understand why everyone is reading my post & assuming I hate my body. There may be some unwanted fat I'd like to get rid of at some point, but I'm already working towards that goal. Thanks for the advice anyway though, your above statement is a great addition to the debate.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never comment unless she's like 8 or 9 months and it's clearly obvious se's pregnant. Don't beat yourself up about it too much, soooo many girls are suffering from the same peoblem as you. I have a friend who has killer looks, but she also has a bump that won't go away and she's complained about it a lot before, but now she just doesn't care because she knows she's got other things to flaunt. Same as you. Can't even imagine how awful that must have been, but you're not the first and definitely won't be the last. I think it's appropriate to not comment because you never know, especially if you're a guy cause then you're just even more clueless about it. And honestly I wouldn't care if you had a tummy if you walked by, I'm more of a " I notice if people have confidence" kind of person. That's the only thing I notice, really.

• Thank you, such nice words. I was really taken aback by it, so it hit me harder than I expected. It wasn't the first time it's happened to me, but the last time was in high school. Where you expect lowly, disrespectful treatment towards others to happen. Which it shouldn't! But unfortunately, I've learned high school drama stuff never ends. I snapped back into the confidence gal I am the day after, so it's fine. Mama didn't just give me curves, but a tough attitude to boot too! lol Again, it just hurt in the moment, because it felt like my bullying I dealt with in school all over again.

• Thanks for mho hun and never lose that good attitude of yoursπŸ’‹

• Thanks you! You def deserved the spot for your politeness & words of encouragement.