Have you ever been teased in the past for something that's popular now?

I assume for many of you it's going to be big butts.
For me it was having above average sized lips and bushy eyebrows. As a kid I would come home bawling about how I wish I had thin lips and no brows like my friends haha. And now everyone's getting lip fillers and coloring their eyebrows in with a sharpie.

1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• I was always teased for having a higher pitched voice it left me with a complex
    so when i call any company up i always introduce myself as Mr ***** so i don't
    get called ma'am. For example: I called West Penn Power i introduce myself
    as Mr D***** ***** than so on. I just hate it so much but i learn to live with it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I was always teased for looking younger than I actually am. When most kids are younger, they try to look older than they actually are. I was always skinny, awkward, and young-looking.

I see some of my old classmates on Facebook and many of them have aged horribly. Some have gotten botox injections in a desperate attempt to look younger and here I am, almost 40-years-old, and I still get carded sometimes :)

3|1
    0|0
  • I was grunge before there was grunge. I had a scruffy mustache and beard back in high school and I used to get picked on for it. I worn flannels and work boots. I didn't care as the people who were bullying me were POS who didn't matter in my book. For the most part I ignored them.

2|0
    0|0
  • i was teased for my writing style but since barack obama became the president of the US, people here think that it not weird.
    i have a less curved hand than him while writing though

https://youtu.be/44xxu7twQcA

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually got teased a lot in junior high school when someone asked me if I masturbated and I proudly said, "Yes, I just did this morning!" For a while I thought maybe no one else was into masturbation. It caught up in popularity later.

0|0
    0|0
  • being into video games was considered nerdy and weird in the 90's...

4|1
    0|0
  • lips have always been my biggest weakness 😄

everyone​gets teased for something, I don't know what it was for me because fuck them lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah when I was at school people gave me banter over ginger hair, now it doesn't happen anymore and People seem to like it

2|0
    0|0
  • for smoking weed, been smoking since i was about 10 and i swear it was not popular when i first was doing it

1|0
    1|0
  • teased for the hat id wear around now everyone wears it

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep, I was a weird kisser, and some girls of my college spread rumours and all my friends used to tease me... lol sweet moments now.

0|0
    0|0
  • liking EDM lol

2|0
    0|0
  • that's good for you... mine was my specs..

1|0
    0|0
  • Jinko jeans and tight jeans

0|0
    0|0
  • Bushy eyebrows are still ugly as fuck on a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • I was bullied because I was always nice to people and gentle so I didn't fight back. Now when I'm nice to people it makes girls and guys like me more.

3|2
    0|0
  • my health. i was skinny... now i can turn some heads

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Because I wouldn't wear a weave or perm my hair. now a lot of those chicks are damn near bald and my hair is thick, long and natural lol. Thank god I wasn't obsessed with looking grown when I was 14 because now a bunch of those chicks are baby mommas still living with their parents, going on 20.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah for my curly hair. I straightened my hair for years and when I started wearing it naturally, I was afraid I ruined the natural curl pattern. My natural curl pattern is coming back thankfully. I adore my curly hair.

2|0
    0|0
  • Wearing DC or Marvel T shirts.
    Wearing converse with dresses.
    Doing Faux hawkes.
    Being friends with gay people.
    Having thick voluminous hair.
    Having curly hair. (Now cool).
    Being into "emo" music
    Being into oldie music. (Now it's SOOO cool if you know MArvin Gaye or Nina Simone, or even Al Green or any of the rock bands of the 70s-late 80s)

1|0
    0|0
  • I always wanted to take my own picture as a child (1970s /1980s). People told me I was being weird for that. Guess what everybody does now? SELFIES bish!

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Many times, especially when I dyed my hair unnatural colors. Now everyone seems to like that style and it's very popular.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think my curly hair and being somewhat tanned cause I spent most of my days under the sun.
    Now everyone is like I wish I could have your curly hair instead of my boring straight ones.
    And I wish I could tan as easily as you

1|0
    0|0
  • No, and if i did i did not care. I dont concern myself with how people perceive me. Never cared.

1|2
    0|0
  • Everyone used to bully me for being skinny, calling me anorexic and so on... now all those girls are telling me how lucky I am?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I had big lips and wide hips. So glad I have them now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep for dressing weird and being awkward

1|0
    0|0
  • I got teased about my glasses wich look cool now!

2|0
    0|0
  • Plump lips definitely

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm thinking there was something, but I can't think of it right now!
    I've had the opposite effect though: I've always had a smaller rear and now that's wildly unpopular. I've also always had this curly/wavy hair that people would always go nuts over and say how beautiful it was up until a few years ago, and now everyone and their brother wants to straighten it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes