Do you believe that the beauty standards of males and females when it comes to physical female beauty is different?

As in, is what girls find to be female beauty and what guys find to be female beauty different? And vise versa?
  • yes
  • no

84

Most Helpful Guy

• I think so. If we take polls of which girl is most attractive, the males and females tend to deviate in ways that show trends (not just males and females all over the place).

I think when it comes to same sex, we tend to project our own aspirations. For example, with guys I think are good-looking, I'm heterosexual so I'm naturally not attracted to them. I think they are good-looking because that's how I want to look like.

I also tend to pick pseudo-realistic male celebrities, like ones who aren't that different from my own body type. I would never pick Vin Diesel, for example, even though I realize he's popular, because I have little hope of ever achieving that type of body. Instead I tend to think the really good-looking ones are like Ryan Gosling or young Brad Pitt. Those guys are way better-looking than me, but aren't as far off from me as Vin Diesel or Dwayne Johnson, e. g.

I'm not sure but I would imagine some females are similar when it comes to considering what girls they find most attractive.