Is it weird that I cut my own hair?

My friends make fun of me for being cheap and always tell me that it would be better if I went to a professional. It's not like I do a terrible job, it always comes out nice and I get compliments. My friends even tell me it doesn't look bad, but for some reason it seems frowned upon to cut your own hair and people always react weird if I tell them I cut it. I just don't see the point in spending money on something that I can do myself free of charge. What do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You do with your own body what you wish. Cutting your own hair is not even the weirdest thing you can do. Actually it isn't even weird, it's unusual sure as most people don't cut their own hair, but I don't see wht anyone would frown upon that. Some guys shave their own head, some girls cut their own hair and they save money by doing it on their own. I think that's more smart than stupid.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, of course not ! I cut my own hair too since many hairdressers cut off too much and make my hair too short , or can't even detangle my hair properly to trim it ! Lmao

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• not at all. cutting your own hair is a valuable skill, and just doing it yourself rather than paying someone else to do something that you can very well do on your own is the wise choice

1|1
    0|0
  • No it is not at all weird. I mean you are only making use of your skills and it dosent matter what others think about that.

1|0
    0|0
  • no thats not weird its smart i cut my own hair too got cutters and everything

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it's pretty smart, saves time and money.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• No, not all!! Like you, I also think it's stupid to pay for things I can do myself (hair, nails, makeup, waxing etc.)

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, i do that sometimes too
    I think its smart; saves time and money

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes