When do you think military uniforms will get a design change?

Military uniforms tend to slightly change each decade just like fashion does. However, it takes about 4 decades for uniforms to get a completely new look. Almost every country tends to have similar looking combat uniforms but with some modifications. The only uniforms that have unique designs are the ceremonial uniforms. Currently the standard design is camo and cargo.
Do you think Camo and cargo uniforms will ever phase out?
When do you think military uniforms will get a design change?

• By 2020
    Vote A
  • In another decade
    Vote B
  • 2 more decades
    Vote C
  • 3 more decades
    Vote D
  • 4 or more decades
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• If there requires a largely urban war, then the color may change for its purposes. Or an Ice Age comes lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• its always gonna be camouflage but they change the design for them and use different designs for each branch. the only branches that have a different uniform are air force and marines i think. i enlist in the army in about a month and they just recently modified the uniform

0|0
    0|0
  • Modern military uniforms change depending on the use. Next change will be according to the necessities of war.

2|1
    0|0
  • the patterns and material may change
    but the actual colors will not
    unless the landscape suddenly becomes gray or something

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you ll need to wait a lot, maybe around 2050 ? or a bit more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Become a stylist and change it 😂

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• The Navy is finally changing their uniform. The navy camo uniform has never made a lot of sense, you don't target people in the ship, you target the ship. Everyone else, I don't see a change happening anytime soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say within the decade very branch will once again change something on a uniform of some kind , hell the marines have about a dozen or so uniforms

0|1
    0|0
  • Camo is here to stay because it makes you less of a target. I guess when you're in the war zone this season's fashion is the last thing on your mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • when the landscape changes, spacewars baby.

0|0
    0|0
  • 4 or more decades

0|0
    0|0
  • Exacty 3.1415629 years

0|0
    0|0
  • They chang in very small ways in pattern design. But there isn't probably going to be any major changes for a long long time. You're showing uniforms of the 19th and 20th century a time of the biggest changes in technology so obviously the battle fatigue changed along with it.

Hell some units are going back and using some older pattern designs. MARSOC a unit in the marines is using an older camo pattern than the rest of the marine corps and they're the newest unit around.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes