Does looks really matter? So why do good looking people have lots of followers?

Girls and guys with average pics in their profile have much smaller followers-following ratio. So don't come with this bullshit that "I only care for his/her personality"

• Yes
  • No

69

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you asking if looks matter in a relationship? What does that have to do with followers? They aren't exactly related.
    In a relationship I need to be somewhat physically/sexually attracted to him, but then his personality is what will reel me in and keep me. If he's absolutely bangin' but has the worst personality nothing could get me to stay.
    So looks matter maybe 20-30% but that doesn't have to be conventually attractive, just what I like

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • you didn't get what i meant. looks are much more than 20-30%. people are so stupid that they even rate someone's opinion for his looks, and not for the real content.

look at the amount of followers of GAGers who have good looking pic in their profile. and then look at their history

• the same applies for you. you probably need to improve your figure by losing some pounds to get more followers. then, by stop being a chubby girl, hopefully you can have a better social awareness by socializing more with people in real life.

• 😂 yes, because social awareness is based on weight and esthetic pleasure.
      As if I'm going to take "advice" from a petulant little boy who thinks he has the right to judge someone's appearance when he knows absolutely nothing about them. You're comments reek of insecurity and bitterness, and I hope you're able to grow a little more to understand making friends starts with being a good one because right now you're ugly on the inside, and I'm guessing not that great on the outside if your complaints are anything to go on.
      Good luck with that.

Most Helpful Guy

• If what you want is superficial attention then yes, looks are of prime importance. People admire things which are aesthetically pleasing, that applies to people, animals, cars, clothes, you name it.

Will being good looking ensure that you have a lot of sex? Maybe. Will it ensure that you are happy and have stable relationships, no. That requires actually being a competent human being.

Looks are important, but they are not the only important aspect of a person and average looks are not an insurmountable barrier to a successful sex life and/or love life. You can transcend your looks with sufficient charisma and personality. If all you have behind average looks is bitterness then you are pretty much doomed.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE