What is your definition of beauty? Physical appearance manager?

Is beauty temporary?
What goes on in your mind?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• For me how a girl looks in my eyes plays a strong role in attraction, along with other sensory inputs like touch, smell, sound of her voice, etc.

When I fall for a girl, I have a striking image in mind of her in my imagination that largely contributes to her "character".

That said, I don't think beauty is so temporary *once* I fall for a girl. For example, my wife has aged in the course of 9 years of being together but I tend to see her the same way as I did originally. That's not with a blind eye towards some signs of aging, but it doesn't break that symbolic image of her character that I fell for in the first place.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • As for my definition of beauty, I apply it differently towards girls from everything else. For everything else, it just means something is visually interesting to look at. For girls, I just tend to use it interchangeably with the idea that I find her very attractive, and there tends to be more contributing to that deepest type of attraction than just the shape of her body.

• I understand๐Ÿ˜Š

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously you have your youthful textbook beautiful that everyone can agree on for the most part, but I think so many other people can be beautiful as well, and that comes from inside. Some people just have this vibe, glow, energy, I don't know, just spirit about them that is fun and beautiful. I prefer that over a textbook beautiful version any day.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• beauty to me is more like mental strength you can see it in person , a mentally strong person has confidence and carries themself in a way that displays it !

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything is beautiful in its own way, not everything can be considered beautiful on its appearance only. What are your thoughts?

1|0
    0|0
  • beauty can mean physical attractive and mentally attractive that's my opinion lol. It depends on the person that beauty can be permanent. People think beauty is temporary because look wise and you get old but thats not the case. Everyone has a unique quantity of themselves. It could be eyes, hair, how they think, or their personality. Beauty is eternal. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I see more beauty in someone's eyes. Not for how pretty their irises might be, but you can tell someone's intelligence and thought through their eyes. Knowing a rough estimate of someone's personality before you've even heard them speak calls for immediate, unfiltered attraction.

1|0
    0|0
  • first we see physical one and for sure to maintain beautiful image of a person in mind internal beauty is more crucial.

1|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is only temporary for a person, but as a species it always reappears. There are always people between the ages of 18 to 29.

1|0
    0|0
  • Women generally age like milk so beauty is temporary, but ugly is eternal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is from the inside, beauty has nothing to do with anything physical.

1|0
    0|0
  • beauty of the mind is pure and immortal and the physical beauty is temorary!

1|0
    0|0
  • Always beauty is temporary until you fully know that person. Character over looks!

1|0
    0|0
  • A single moment in time. Small, yet so grand. :)

2|0
    0|0
  • Its not what we see.. Its like how we see..

1|0
    0|0
  • Beauty for me is mostly objective. I don't believe in the whole beauty's in the eye of the beholder stuff. Almost everyone can see the streets of Venice are prettier than your average trailer park. But on top of that everyone has their own taste and depending on their life story their taste can be drastically different from mine. So like everything beauty is temporary especially physical beauty. I'm not going to sit here and sugarcoat things. Some people objectively are seen as more beautiful (by humans) but everyone has the potential to be subjectively beautiful. I've always seen it this way: If someone gave you two trees a beautiful but toxic one and a normal ugly one you probably just wouldn't plant a tree. Which I guess means it's not enough to simply be beautiful but for many realistically speaking beauty does play a part. No one NEEDS a romantic partner we may psychologically depend on the idea but it's simply an engrained idea not a truth. Secondary to that most people have or should have the right to choose who they want to be with. I personally believe someone who only wants you for your appearance is probably toxic and you shouldn't be with them and you're most likely better off without someone who'll turn you down over your looks. So although beauty matters I'd argue it matters much less than what people would think.

1|0
    0|0
    • If you give up being anonymous, I can choose the best view. Very well written, congratulations..

• Thank you. But I value my anonymity. I'd rather someone judge what I write for what it is then add unwarranted value to it simply because I wrote it or it's given MHO. Awards and recognition are nice and I appreciate them but they aren't important to me. Not on this site.

• Thank you for your clarification, I will do the best by taking this into account...

• beauty is temporary

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical beauty is something to catch my attention but it can be anything. Once I've engaged in conversation I care way more about personality than looks. I've dated some overweight girls that everyone said were fat and ugly but they had nice personalities so them being overweight didn't really matter to me much.

2|0
    0|0
  • When sperm's on her face. In my opinion girls are the most beautiful at that point.

0|0
    0|0
  • a Woman is beautiful.

1|0
    0|0
  • i dk amber heard, what is your definition of beauty, im assuming "white women"?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I don't believe beauty is always temporary. There's some very beautiful women and handsome men who are in their 60's and 70's. I prefer older guys in their 30's or 40's than younger fresh faced youthful looking guys lol Some people become better looking as they age. It all depends on their lifestyle and healthy living

1|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is subjective and completely in the eye of the beholder. Two people will never agree exactly on what is beautiful. But beauty also fades and shouldn't be skin deep. I think there's beauty in a lot of non physical/tangible things.

1|1
    0|0
  • The synchronic meaning you put on a noun, verb, etc
    and how you allow you to shape it for the better

1|0
    0|0
  • Intelligence is a huge one for me. I've honestly been attracted to "ugly" guys when they are genuinely super smart/humble about being smart. It's hard to find anyone nowadays that likes to actually use their brains.

1|0
    0|0
  • Physical beauty is surely temporary. A pure heart, beautiful mind and kick ass personality will last a forever

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep beauty is temporary it fates

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes