What do you think of colored eyeliner?

I haven't tried any but as soon as I have enough money to spare I'm going to get a few (I usually just go with black liner). I feel like they're so fun and expressive.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• pretty

but most girls can't pull it off and look like aliens lol

2|0
    0|0
    • Lmao, I just got a flashback to the style in the Zenon movies for some reason. Their style was so colorful😂

• Show All
    • Well that and there';s a secret conspiracy by shapeshifting lizards to take the shape of our world leaders and prepare us for alien enslavement lmfao

• Illuminati Confirmed!

Most Helpful Girl

• I love coloured eyelner as an alternatve to my usual black cateye when I go out. My favourte s probably 'extrmeme blue' by NYX. Pretty affordable and always gets me a bunch of compliments on how it draws even more attenton to my bluish-grey eyes.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f65b31b613.jpg

1|0
    0|0
    • Is that your eye? That shade of blue is so pretty. I'm not bold enough to wear that yet, though lol.

• lol nono, that's just a pic off google that gave the most accurate idea of what that liner looks like in rl. My eyes are sadly just bluish grey.

Just go for it, girl! You can work up to trying pretty bright colours like the one i posted by starting with ones that are a bit darker as well as non-metallic. Maybe start with a navy/dark indigo or something and as the compliments start pouring in, i'm sure you'll be able to work your way up to brighter colours in no time. :)

• Oh okay, I'm sure your eyes are still pretty enough, color isn't the only thing that makes an eye pop. And that's true, I can work my way up to electric blue haha.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I'm in the category of guys who like cosmetics on girls, but generally a more subtle-looking style that doesn't scream, "I'm wearing make-up!"

Looking up images of colored eyeliner, I get that impression a bit. It looks like fun but maybe not my personal thing when it comes to the style of cosmetics I tend to prefer on a girl.

2|0
    0|0
    • I can see that. I typically don't wear any makeup at all: No foundation, lipstick, eyeshadow false lashes, blush, etc. I'll occasionally do black eyeliner because I like the way it makes my eyes pop. I would use colorful eyeliner as a sort of 2 in 1 if I ever wanted to spice up my eye makeup and forgo the eyeshadow. Although, I'll probably start using subtle eyeshadow in a couple years. I like my face for the most part so I'm not too keen on masking it.

• Show All
    • Subtle wings I think I might like here and there. Those weird wings that kind of turn out from the lower lid tend to look really weird to me, like I'll notice it the moment a girl walks into a room. If I have to look kinda hard and up close to really see the most obvious signs of cosmetics, I tend to find that appealing.

• Haha yeah, I've seen some wings that look kind of dangerous. I don't know how else to explain it.

• Yeah i like colored eyeliner on girls it looks pretty.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a huge fan of makeup,

1|0
    0|0
  • Overdone

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm an angry, woman hating, misogynist.

But even I like it.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 30

• Think it looks really nice :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it. There are brands that are very cheap, you could buy a cheap one because if you don't like it it won't be a waist of money. After you experiment with the colors and you know what you like and what looks good on you, you can go get that expensive brand.
    I plan on buying make up and yes I would love to buy 2 colors of eyeliners (pink and white).

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's beautiful if you can pull it off. it also really makes your eyes pop if you use the right color. I love putting colored liners on any of my Asian friends that will let me i think it looks better on them than me lol it's a fun way to express yourself nyx has some pretty great ones

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a fun idea, but it doesn't actually aid the eye or add dimension. I'd avoid it

1|0
    0|0
    • My eyes are pretty dramatically shaped if certain people's assumption of me being half Asian is any indication. Both of my parents are black by the way. I'm just trying to do something new and potentially colorful without resorting to eyeshadow or lipstick just yet. I'd stick with dark colors and subtle metallics. It'd be partially covered by my really curly lashes anyways.

• Show All
    • I'll definitely look onto purples. The thing is, my skin isn't that dark. It has really pale undertones. which is kind of confusing when I try to choose makeup because my top layer of skin is a deep medium brown but you can see the outlines of my veins and I blush really visibly. If you look at the underside of my wrist (and multiple other places on my body) the brown fades to only a few shades darker than an olive skinned white person etc. I kind of have to pick fitting colors as I go because the typical, buy this pallet for dark skin, this pallet suits medium skin doesn't really consider the fact that I'm not quite dark but I'm not quite tan either. I'm somewhere in the middle or a weird combo.

• The top layer is a deep medium brown but it's translucent like a tint and really honey-yellow underneath. I don't know if that makes sense.

• Not a fan at all and never really been a fan.
    When I want natural makeup, i do bb or cc cream, some peach tone blush, a little bit of brown eyeliner on the top lid and bring it out following the natural curve of my eye (not up like a cat wing) to make my eyes look bigger, some mascara, and maybe just a bit of a lip tint or peach colored lip balm for a pop of color.
    Colored eyeliner is just too out there and trying too hard to be different kinda? I don't know. Browns and blacks are a lot better, especially browns, as they look more sophisticated, soft, and natural.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't wear any makeup at all aside from black eyeliner every once in a while. My thinking is, if I wear a really deep purple, navy or burgundy, it could be like a 2 in 1 because I don't use eyeshadow. I do the wings every now and then but it's really subtle. You can see my small wings in my profile pic.

• Ooh, have fun :) You should upload pics of how it looked! I think it's such a cute trend that can be played up or down.
    I love when it's so simple and vivid :)
    www.julep.com/.../double.jpg
    images.britcdn.com/.../whiteliner.jpeg

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's really pretty and you can use it instead of eyeshadow

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it. I will probably buy some of those -especially the darker ones lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it. I'm not very good at doing eyeliner but I like brightly coloured eyeshadow and if I could do eyeliner I would!

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it and would do it sometimes if I feel like it and if it'd match my outfit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fucking legit it that's your thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it , if it's applied correctly

1|0
    0|0
  • It looks good on some people

1|0
    0|0
  • They look nice