Why is is so important to girls to put on makeup?

I get that it makes them feel prettier and i understand concealer but just WHY? like, what's up with eyeshadow, etc?
You don't need makeup to be beautiful!

224

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh, in a way eyeshadow makes a bit more sense to me than concealer if you really are one of those people who are trying to express yourself. Eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, blush, etc. if done properly can really accentuate your features. Concealer, foundation, etc are to cover up anything you don't like which is why I'm not even sure they should be considered the same thing as other products that make features pop.
    I myself have acne scars that I sometimes want to cover up but my skin is mostly clear so I try not to start adding products that may change that (aka pretty much any make up that goes beyond eyes and lips).