"Never wear a band shirt to a concert of that band." Yay or nay?

I'm honestly guilty of wearing band shirts to their shows (FOB, Arctic Monkeys, MCR, P! ATD, Coldplay, etc.) and I have never heard of this "rule" until yesterday. What's so wrong about wearing band shirts to that band's concert?

• WTF, it's perfectly acceptable to wear one.
    Vote A
  • HA! I do this all the time.
    Vote B
  • Ugh. Just no. Get away from me.
    Vote C
  • Never done that.
    Vote D
  • I have no opinion on this matter.
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like something a caveman who was rejected came up with in order to seem more refined.

What the hell are you supposed to wear to a metal concert, a refrigerator strapped to your back? (Actually, that does seem like it would come in handy...)

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It actually does. 😂 Gotta try that sometime.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you own clothing or something for that band, and you took the time to go see them in concert, you might as well prove to them that you are, in fact, a fan. By wearing the shirt you bought, you are showing them, "Yes, I support you." You went to that concert to specifically see them, rather than going just for the sake of seeing a random concert. The shirt shows them that you truly like their music.

I think it's a good thing, and I think bands appreciate it to some degree. The only negative thing I can think of is that you might come off as obsessed, but don't ask me how. There are people who think that way. That's just how it is.

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah I was just like "What the fuck guys", I sometimes design band shirts too, does that make me come across as too obsessive? 😒
      Anyway, thanks for the input! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• That literally makes no sense whatsoever because there are tables and vendors and stuff all over the venue selling them... what in the world?

2|0
    0|0
    • I know! I do this all the time and no one ever called me out for this...

• i've heard the saying but i don't really see why you couldn't or wouldn't. if you go to a sports event you'd be doing the norm wearing clothing supporting your squade... so i say Yay

1|0
    0|0
  • I buy a shirt when I go in and I wear that for the concert

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they prefer you to buy a shirt at the venue.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see the problem with it at all

1|1
    0|0
  • "Dumb rules are for dumb people"

1|0
    0|0
  • Okay... Each to his own

1|0
    0|0
  • When else is more appropriate?

1|0
    0|0
  • No clue, sounds stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a fashion rule originating from metal. Its to identify posers.

2|0
    0|0
    • the fuck?

• Show All
    • But I would wear my agalloch shirt to their show if they were still around, fuck someone who would think i'm a poser

• Kinda makes sense. Since almost a majority of the ~edgy~ people who wear metal shirts don't actually have a clue what metal is.

• yeah don't listen to people. haha. wear your band shirts with pride :D it's the best time to wear them.

2|0
    0|0
  • I've never heard this "rule". I see lots of people wearing the band's shirt at their concert.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I attend on average 26 concerts a year. I would be embarrassed wearing band tees for the above bands but that is me. Each to his own.

I personally look for people who you know have been fans for a long time because their shirts are from older tours. NEVER wear a concert shirt you bought at Hot Topic or Spencer's. If I am going to a Lamb of God show I wouldn't were a Coldplay shirt. I always tend to stay within the same genre. We can't stand to see celebrities wearing shirts for bands they would never listen too, case in point Kendall Jenner wearing a Slayer shirt.
    www.aux.tv/2010/02/dos-and-donts-of-band-t-shirts/

4|0
    0|0
  • That's a bs rule. I don't usually wear tee shirts to shows but my boyfriend does and I buy him one every concert we go to. That's a silly nonsense rule.

2|0
    0|0
  • I used to wear them too in the past. I still wear them from time to time

2|0
    0|0
  • Maybe some think you look obsessed and tryhard? Honestly looks fine to me though. I'd have said it was a good thing to do

1|0
    0|0
  • Good God!!! Is This... Too Politically Correct too Now Somehow? xx

1|0
    0|0
  • The rules is to never wear a band shirt if you don't like or really know this band that's all.

2|1
    0|0
  • I fucking live for MCR

1|0
    0|0
  • WTF, it's perfectly acceptable to wear one

2|0
    0|0
  • that's the best time to wear them

1|1
    0|0
  • I never do that. That's so lame

1|0
    0|0
    • If I'm at that band's show, I'm not gonna advertise that I listen to that band because it's obvious that I do since I'm at their show

• I don't wear any brand shirts.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes