"Never wear a band shirt to a concert of that band." Yay or nay?

I'm honestly guilty of wearing band shirts to their shows (FOB, Arctic Monkeys, MCR, P! ATD, Coldplay, etc.) and I have never heard of this "rule" until yesterday. What's so wrong about wearing band shirts to that band's concert?

• WTF, it's perfectly acceptable to wear one.
  • HA! I do this all the time.
  • Ugh. Just no. Get away from me.
    Vote C
  • Never done that.
    Vote D
  • I have no opinion on this matter.
    Vote E

1213

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like something a caveman who was rejected came up with in order to seem more refined.

What the hell are you supposed to wear to a metal concert, a refrigerator strapped to your back? (Actually, that does seem like it would come in handy...)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It actually does. 😂 Gotta try that sometime.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you own clothing or something for that band, and you took the time to go see them in concert, you might as well prove to them that you are, in fact, a fan. By wearing the shirt you bought, you are showing them, "Yes, I support you." You went to that concert to specifically see them, rather than going just for the sake of seeing a random concert. The shirt shows them that you truly like their music.

I think it's a good thing, and I think bands appreciate it to some degree. The only negative thing I can think of is that you might come off as obsessed, but don't ask me how. There are people who think that way. That's just how it is.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah I was just like "What the fuck guys", I sometimes design band shirts too, does that make me come across as too obsessive? 😒
      Anyway, thanks for the input! :)