What can I wear to look and feel good on my period?

My period started today and when it did, I just happened to have been wearing a black form-fitting dress. Even though I felt unfortunate and maybe even a bit pregnant (stupid bloating), I just pretended to ignore it and faked it until I made it. But I do feel fat and tired and sad, and it's hot where I live now, so sweater time is over--how can I keep cool, but still look good in what I wear?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, wear what makes you feel great! Don't let Aunt Flo change that.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Shorts and a tank top since your area is hot.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I feel your pain sister. When I am on my period though, I don't concentrate on what I wear (beyond the obvious protections) as much as I concentrate on how much I exercise. I run long distances even during my period, (I run my 10th marathon May 7) and it helps with the pain and emotions and even the bloating. I understand some women start to lose their cycle if they train hard enough, although it hasn't happened to me and i really don't want to go into amenorrhea
    anyway try exercise. Does wonders for you.

1|0
    0|0
    • I do exercise a lot, which could explain the long gaps between my period; so instead of being like "oh, it's just my period", now I'm like "OH I still have a period! I forgot what happens now."

• Show All
    • I was always regular, even when I started for the very first time, until I started vigorously playing sports at 17 (tennis and running at school, and swimming and kickboxing over the summer). Then a hiatus made me regular again, but now I hit the gym a lot and dance and sometimes run.

• wow! you are more active than me!

• I don't know your body type, but I started my period today too and I wore a lose fitting t shirt and thick shorts. The reason I say "thick" is because some shorts and pants can show your pad (if you don't wear tampons). But the loose fitting t shirt should help you stay cool without worrying about bloating because I totally understand that

1|0
    0|0
  • I always wear dark leggings under a skirt, to keep me generally cool and the leggings acts just like thick fabric that hides any dark spots but you will still look a lot better in a skirt with leggings than in just a normal dark jean.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh god I know your pain I usually like wearing my soft sweat pants and cute lace cami wear whatever makes you feel pretty darling =)

1|0
    0|0
  • Stay hydratwd

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes