How do guys look so good without makeup?

Like even if I don't put on anything I pluck my brows and use a bit of eyebrow pencil or put on a bit mascara but how do guys look so good just as it is without anything?

523

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple. You are only looking at the men who look the most symmetrical.

Males are under tremendous genetic pressure to measure up. This is why only a few males end up with highly attractive features (i. e. the pretty boy types). The ones born with these advantages tend to gain the lionshare of female attention in youth. Males give more honest signals of their fitness due to the fact that they don't wear make up. The ones you are focused on are the "hottest" guys and you are ignoring the less attractive ones as if they were invisible/irrelevant. This fits into your own genetic program to only seek the top dog genetically, but you've got plenty of competition.

Most Helpful Girl

• Partially, it's just because we don't see men wearing makeup, so we think they look fine without it. Another reason, at least in older folks, has to do with skin differences in men and women. Men have thicker skin, so they develop fewer wrinkles. Since youth is so valued in our culture, especially for women, we think women who don't wear makeup look worse.