How do guys look so good without makeup?

Like even if I don't put on anything I pluck my brows and use a bit of eyebrow pencil or put on a bit mascara but how do guys look so good just as it is without anything?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple. You are only looking at the men who look the most symmetrical.

Males are under tremendous genetic pressure to measure up. This is why only a few males end up with highly attractive features (i. e. the pretty boy types). The ones born with these advantages tend to gain the lionshare of female attention in youth. Males give more honest signals of their fitness due to the fact that they don't wear make up. The ones you are focused on are the "hottest" guys and you are ignoring the less attractive ones as if they were invisible/irrelevant. This fits into your own genetic program to only seek the top dog genetically, but you've got plenty of competition.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Partially, it's just because we don't see men wearing makeup, so we think they look fine without it. Another reason, at least in older folks, has to do with skin differences in men and women. Men have thicker skin, so they develop fewer wrinkles. Since youth is so valued in our culture, especially for women, we think women who don't wear makeup look worse.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• If guys commonly wore makeup and that was the society standard you'd think we looked ugly without makeup, and then there'd be girls who'd say men look better without makeup and mean who create naturalist movements agitating men to stop using it and to stop shaving etc. You get the picture, it's all about the society.

1|2
    0|0
  • The true answer has something to do with our DNA. A male is actually more dominant in his features because of testosterone in his body. Women on the other hand have softer characteristics and wears makeup to embellish these traits. "Psychologists have said that, as with so many things, makeup comes down to sex... Furthermore, the desirable qualities a man looks for in a woman - largely related to reproductive fitness - are said to be amplified by makeup" theguardian (2015)

0|1
    0|0
  • the woman form is amazing. women look beautiful, with or without makeup.
    men just don't. Men are not attractive at all. Not sure why women are attracted to us. But women have made it necessary for them to wear makeup by putting unrealistic expectations of look on themselves. Men just don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we (well, most of us) understand that we don't need paste and powder to flaunt our magnificence*.

Plus, you'll actually find that a lot more men appreciate the natural look most.

*(This only applies to attractive men; butt-ugly men just become butt-ugly men with makeup if they apply makeup.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well everyone is used to guys with no make up, and it's a standard. Make up is seen as a feminine thing, and guys you use it other than for playing a character for say, Halloween, or a movie role, and etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • We made sure we didn't pulled our beauty standard high

3|1
    0|0
  • I think that most women look AMAZING, without all that paint, and sht on their faces!! I want to see her, an I like HER, for who she is, and not how she looks, or how much stuff society says she needs to heap on, to be 'beautiful'!!
    If I LIKE HER, she is BEAUTIFUL, just as she is!!
    At some point, when I am dating a woman, I want to get into a place when she is at her ABSOLUTE WORST, like sick, or just feeling horrible, when she is TERRIFIED that I see her, like that.
    I want to see her, that way, because if I can be there, for her, at her worst, and still LOVE her, accepting that maybe she threw up on me, or has HORRIBLE breath, that LIFE HAPPENS, and she is feeling terrible, but I still want to be with her, and don't think less of her, then maybe that is a 'good basis' for a relationship.
    You take the good and the bad, and it is really how you deal with the bad, that defines the person, and the relationship. . .

0|0
    0|0
  • Some dudes actually do wear make up. Like when goin to clubs...

0|0
    0|0
  • You're brainwashed into thinking you need product to look good. In reality, you're just ensuring cancer or something else later in life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well first off. I like natural girls with no makeup or veeeeery little. Like just lipstick and maybe eye liner. And second. Because guys look at girls different. We look at girls and want to see a soft face and girls look at guys and want a manly kind of rugged face. And by the way.. it ain't like we dont try. I personally will shave then trim my eyebrows then maybe put on somethin to make my face smooth. All that before a date. Just so i look just right. And also our complexions are different. And kind of like our skin is different too.

0|0
    0|0
  • people are used to seeing guys without make up on so it seems normal

1|2
    0|0
  • I don't know. Maybe because make up was originally intended for girls. Guys look fucking horrible with makeup on anyways

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think we do, i just think women don't see us like we see them

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand. In my opinion people shouldn't wear makeup all the time and every wear because how you someone get to know you if you hid yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • do we? lol

0|1
    0|0
    • I think it's all just about what we are used too. If girls would never wear makeup, we wouldn't think different about them then we do now

• Some guys do wear makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • Skill. Pure skill.

0|0
    0|0
  • Social norms​. Women are just expected to wear makeup. Guys aren't.

0|0
    0|0
  • men in the media, news rooms especially, probably put at least one thing on. men in real life, generally dont

0|2
    0|0
  • It's just are don't give a fuck aditude

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• In my opinion, makeup is just a way to cover up what a "girl" thinks are her flaws. In my opinion people shouldn't wear makeup all the time and every wear because how you someone get to know you if you hid yourself?

0|1
    0|0
  • Natural beauty. Women could never pull of the natural look as well as guys, what with their long eyelashes and good skin that I can't achieve no matter how hard I try.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they don't have the monthly ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's their character that stands out. They also don't put foundations etc that clogs their pores. So their face stays clean. I think guys are more into workouts, and water, and vitamins or something. So they are more healthy in a way.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah it has absolutely nothing to with 'character' and neither does it stands out everyone is judged by their appearance. Males have thicker skin than women which means less wrinkles and looking younger for much longer than women.

Recommended myTakes