Do you tip your hair stylist or not?

All my hair appointments cost $115. That's $57.50 an hour, well above what professional college graduates make. I don't tip.

How about you?

When I paid like 15 bucks, I would tip them 5 dollars.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• She's not actually making 57 an hour lol unless she owns the place. And even then her gross margin is maybe like 40% (just guessing here) - meaning from that 57 you have to deduct costs to actually run the place plus wages paid out

Anyways, tipping is a pain in arse, every joe shmoe wants a tip these days. CAb drivings make faces when you give them exact change. Like brah, what you want a tip for. You just did your job which you're already getting paid for. Gtfo

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Yep, I've been going to the same barber since 2003 so I tip him well. My haircut cost $14 so I give him a $6 tip.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where the hell are you getting your hair did? Caesars Palace?

0|0
    0|0
  • I always tip my barber , she does a great job each time , I always tip $5

0|0
    0|0
  • I tip my barber.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tip my hair dresser !!

0|0
    0|0
  • Follow the custom at your place

0|0
    0|0
  • lol i spent onlt 5$ on hair

0|0
    0|0
  • I pay $35 for the cut and add a extra 5 maby 10 if she's a little sluty

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah about $3.50 which is 15%.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• It is common and customary to tip our hair stylist's where I am.
    You do have to remember that the girl or guy doing your hair gets only a portion of what you are charged. The girl who does mine for instance splits 50/50 between her and the owner of the operation.
    I generally tip 20% and give a $50 bonus at Christmas in a card for appreciation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah you do. Hair stylist have to pay the salon for having a chair for them to rent in their establishment and also charge them for product which they profit off of. My sis is a stylist and they rape her dough.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm assuming that's for color, which if you've ever messed up yourself is expensive to fix! I'm not sure why it's so expensive but you make a great point

0|0
    0|0
  • She isn't making $57.50 an hour. She doesn't get to keep the entire profit from the hair jobs she does

0|0
    0|0
  • I always tip unless the service is bad. A lot of hairdressers make around minimum wage and most of that money you spent goes towards the business, not the individual hairdresser

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really go to the hair dressers but I don't tip if I do

0|0
    0|0
  • tip them 10.00 sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know, the hairdresser doesn't keep all that money, right?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes