Henna hair dye advice?

My hair is curly/wavy and light brown, and I prefer it a darker brown but hate chemical dyes. I've heard some things about henna and am interested but have some questions. I know it gives off a red tone which I don't mind at all, but have heard you need to mix in indigo for a dark color? What's a good brand? Will it dry out my hair? I already spend quite a bit of my time trying to keep my hair moisturized and not so frizzy. I've also heard it loosen's curls which I really don't want. Anyone have experience/advice with henna?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• henna is actually a plantroot, my mum used it 20 years long... but there are some things to know, orginal from india, orginal brand is called simply henna like the plant... its a powder mixed with water, looks like mudd... if you want this firered you need dark brown hair or you get only orange... I have read that it is not good for headskin, but standart colours for hair always with hydrogen-peroxyd wich is used to kill bugs, desinfect, or a synthetic stuff what kills little life and confuses the skin of humans, thats why you need gloves to use it (not safe for your hands, but on your head where your brain stays it is no problem... you see the glintch)... henna have no need for gloves, and it definitely smells better (not like flowers but better than this chemical stuff)... oh and henna is available in a few colours and 2-3 tones for every colour... package is always this indian white dancing lady with red hair, but the powder have different colour

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• being as i went through hairschool, don't use henna. its not good for your hair, plus we are not allowed to color someones hair in the salon if they used henna on their head.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • salon products don't react well to henna,... at least thats what all the teachers have told us when i was in school for hair. Henna =no

• honestly id go with a demi color. ones that get lighter after 28 or more shampoos if you dont want to don't It contains no ammonia but does have a small amount of peroxide, which opens the hair cuticle slightly so that some color will be absorbed into your hair. its not damaging

• sorry can't edit my last post