Why are pretty/beautiful women more common than handsome men?

I've seen more women that I finds either cute or pretty than men I finds handsome. I've asked this question too earlier, but asks this again, because I hopes I gets more serious answers this time.

#genderbeauty #womenvsmenbeauty #beauty
Updates:
I'm not attracted to women. I sees there's people here who assume my sexuality. But anyway, I can see who's good looking and who's not from both genders. I've seen more pretty/cute women than handsome men.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to remember that girls wear makeup, which is a way to enhance their most beautiful features and to make their faces prettier. Certain eye shadows and eye liners can make blue eyes bluer, or brown eyes warmer, or green eyes greener. By using makeup to enhance their favorite features, this usually makes them more beautiful. Guys on the other hand, don't wear makeup. They're left with their natural features, and unfortunately can't cover up their acne with foundation and contour like girls can.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i asked my girlfriend this and she said its because they can put on makeup to make them look more attractive and hide all their facial flaws without getting judged or made fun of since thats a normal girl thing to do because if a guy wears makeup he's considered transsexual or gay to most people in today's society

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• i guess because they dolled up themselves

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm just barely scrolling through old notifications haha. I think also you might just hold higher standards towards the sex you're attracted to and looking to build something more valuable with. ALSO... your tastes might hold a higher preference for estrogen centered features. Etc. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I was going to say that maybe you think women are more attractive than men, because you're attracted to them. But, since you're not attracted to women, I would say that maybe it's because you pay more attention to women. Therefore, you notice them more.
    And there's also the fact that usually women are more careful with their looks. They put more effort in it. That makes them look pretty/beautiful.
    However, I'm NOT saying that men don't care about their looks.

0|1
    0|0
    • I do pay attention to both genders. But the majority of men where I lives are just average or less. They just doesn't look good. Most women are also average. But I've seen more women than men with better looks. Makeup may be an factor perhaps.

• I see. Well, that makes sense and it's also true that makeup changes someone's face.

• I am assuming that you are a straight male from the way you posed your question so I believe the reason you find that there are more attractive females than males is because you yourself are a male. If you can't appreciate male beauty in the same way that you appreciate female beauty, it's hard to appreciate male beauty at all.

0|1
    0|0
    • Nope. I'm not attracted to women. But I can see who've a good appearance and who hasn't from both genders. But I thinks pretty/cute women are more common than handsome men.

• I'm confused now you said you're not attracted to women... does that mean you're interested in guys?

Why are they prettier? Cause they put 3 pounds of make up to improve their look. If they looked natural they would be nasty as sh**.

0|1
    1|0
  • I think it's because men are natural, not all women are, and makeup does hide many of your flaws. Do I guess what you are seeing are women wearing makeup to make them more beautiful, but I'm not sure.

0|1
    0|0
  • maybe because you're straight? I personally find more men handsome than beautiful women

1|1
    0|0
    • Nope. I'm not attracted to women.

• Show All
    • Sorry bro. Maybe visit a latino country on holiday some time. I live in along the pacific ocean in Ecuador n Latinas (o's) are extremely attractive and totally sensual people dude. And the sex is explosive !

• @SOUTHofZERO I don't think, in my country women are considered to be prettier than men.

• I don't agree with people saying women look better because they wear makeup, because, at least where i live, most women wear little to no makeup on a day-to-day basis. And even if a woman wears a lot of makeup, you still can judge her beauty based on her face shape, her nose shape, her smile, for example; countouring can only do so much. And I don't agree with you too; I see as many good-looking women as I see good-looking men, or I have never noticed an imbalance.

0|0
    0|0
  • makeup , hair dye, brows. lashes

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• well many feel and i tend to agree that women are more frequently more aesthetically appealing than men.

0|1
    0|0
    • But do you know why it's like that and if the sex characteristics do affect it? Men and women in general speaking do have different sex characteristics and hormones levels.

• why it's like that? i think the female body is seen by many as a beautiful object. delicate, sexy, etc, etc whereas the man's body is more about functionality. i think this notion is conveyed in art. the number of male nudes or semi-nudes vs the number of female nudes seems to suggest that the female form is seen as something very pleasing to the eye whereas the man is not so much

i don't know if i believe that, i mean i find woman more appealing but i think that has more to do with me being sexually attracted to women

• It's not only their body, but also their face from my experience. Seems like good looking men just are rarer than pretty or cute women where I live. Wondering if that's geographic. I'm not sure. I've seen more good looking people from both genders from other countries than Norway, but hasn't thought over the gender differences when I was on vacation abroad.

• I'm straight but I see what you see, I think it is because men don't feel the need to keep up with societies beauty standards. And it has become a double edged sword, i gym frequently and i do brazilian jiu jitsu and boxing. I shower, brush and floss daily and use coconut oil on my skin, hair cut every two weeks. I'm teaching myself French, Spanish and Portuguese and I feel like at times that girls love looking at me and getting with me but they'd never date me. But then I see some 300lbs, diabetes, psoriasis who sweats ranch dressing with some stone cold fox.
    I think this also happens because when it comes imbalances in relationships today. Men are taught to value her and it may anger them when she does outdo them they back down. And girls are taught that a guy who is better looking and smarter than them is bad for them. If they don't have an upper hand in anything they don't wanna be with that guy. I have seen it so many times in my life, i've had many friends relationships fail because they were better than their girl on various levels and she couldn't make him do anything. And the things these girls tried to make them do was like call out of work, miss class, do serious drugs etc etc and these girls tried to flip it around and make it looks like he was abusive

0|0
    0|0
  • It's probably because you find women more aesthetically attractive than men.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...bd58fd1946.jpg
    Women care more about their looks and they wear better clothes. They take better care of their overall appearance. Good looking females are portrayed/idolized more in society. There are more ads on female models and most of their photos have been heavily photoshopped.

Honestly, I think women who are naturally beautiful are just as common as handsome men. 9/10s and 10/10s are rare. On average, I don't think any gender looks better than the other. Most people look very plain and average to me. I don't see a difference in beauty level between the genders.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I consider there to be more pretty women but I m pretty sure that s because I m attracted to them

0|0
    0|0
  • Women put in a lot of effort into the way they look overally guys don't give a shit

0|0
    0|0
  • Women take care of themselves to look prettu, men , comparatively just try not to look gross..

0|0
    0|0
  • Women do seem more concerned with their looks most of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • because of makeup

1|4
    0|0
  • Because of make-up and push-up bras.

1|3
    0|0
  • May be cuz beauty is in the eye of the beholder

0|1
    0|0
  • Because you're into women.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's easy to assume that. But I'm not attracted to women. But I can see who's good looking and who's not from both genders, and I've seen more pretty/cute women than handsome men.

Recommended myTakes