Guys, does a girls fashion sense put you off?

Do you care about girls wearing "fashionable" clothes?
Do you mind if she wears just jeans and t-shirts?
For example I wear band or film related tees and black jeans basically everyday, I feel the most comfortable wearing black so I pretty much only wear that. Would that put you off talking to me? Do you prefer girls who dress more colourfully?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• With guys I think this is very subconscious. Consciously we think of course not. Jeans and a t-shirt is awesome but then you are dressed like my bro. Not my girl. I believe that a little fashion will go a long way and I encourage you to explore new looks and maybe you'll find something you like better than t-shirts. I want to avoid gender generalizations, though. There will be some guys who will prefer to be with a girl who wears a pair of jeans and a band t-shirt. Usually a little style helps regardless. At the end of the day you should feel good when you look in the mirror. That's the goal.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Unless its terrible i dont mind. And as long as it's appropriate i eont think its weird. So dont show up in a prom dress to the gym and your good. Some guys might like it if girls dress the same way they do, but i dont mind. You can dress mainstream, indie, urban, whatever as long as you don't take it to being too extreme

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not even a tiny bit into clothes. I will be clueless about whatever she is wearing. I never let anyone tell me what I should wear. So she can wear whatever she wants as long as she doesn't try and get me to wear something I hate.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say black jeans are fine, as long as they are tight. But I am attracted to a girl that sometimes wears a skirt. She can have yoga pants underneath. I do like it when a girl knows what colors she can wear. Black all the time may be a little vampirish. Unless it's black panties all the time, that is fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm much more attracted to clean and classy. Girls who dress like they want the world to see their goods, I'm very put off by. Make my mind picture you naked, don't show me it all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean fashion-sense scores points for me, but what one thinks of as "fashionable" is subjective. Hygiene is more objectively important than fashion sense though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have my personal favorites and opinions on women's dressing. But i don't put any expectation or measurements accordingly when it comes to communication and interaction. A woman is free to wear according to her comfort zone, happiness. This is what's matters the most. The color and the type is not a measurement for me. However, the only factor i care about is that people be able to recognize which dress is appropriate for which location. When there is inappropriate wearing according to the place. I just would believe we have not much in common.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't really matter to me honestly. The only time I expect a professional level of dress is if you are at work. Outside of that you should dress how you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • as long as you don't dress up like lady gaga then you're fine

1|0
    0|0
  • Tbh i don't care about fashion as long as the girl likes what she is wearing and is confident wearing it i'm fine, though i don't see the point of ripped jeans...

0|0
    0|0
    • This !!! Top reply,

It's all in the confidence. A woman can walk around in a potato sack and with confidence there will be at least 25% of men she encounters will find her desireable, and 45% of women will hate her because she started a new trend and are jealous they didn't think of it.

• It don't haha. I like girls with simple styles and stuff. I think it makes them look more beautiful than a fancy expensive outfit

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not saying she should wear colourful dresses but should suit her and also with the trendig efashion. That's enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • hum... i rarely approach girls. regarding girls approaching me I would say not really.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter how or what you wear, it matters more on how you present yourself and what your personality is like

0|0
    0|0
  • I always tend to think 'simple is best'. Just a shirt and jeans works for me. I do like when it fits right around their body, though :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It matters because it shows who you are. A girl who always wears black, with chains and ripped jeans, is very likely to be an emo... and I'm personally not into that. Also a girl that always wears crop tops with her boobs hanging out and short shorts with her ass hanging out, is trashy, and again, I'm not into that.
    Now do I care if she chooses jeans of skirts? Not really. Do I like skirts more? Yes, but it won't put me off that she chooses jeans over skirts.

It's certain styles that are associated with certain lifestyles what would put me off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jeens ant T r prefered hi fashionable clothes aren't important to me there's nothing more beautifull than a girl in jeens and a band T

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always accepted girls no matter what kind of clothes they wear
    it doesn't put me off.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the girl's personality and walking style

0|0
    0|0
  • I like your style..

0|0
    0|0