'Guys can wear makeup too.' Agree or disagree and why?

• Agree
    Vote A
  • Disagree
    Vote B
  • Unsure
    Vote C
  • Just wanna see the results
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Males are free to do so. They "Can" because they are free to do so. Nobody can force them to be like this or that.

But personally i do not favor it. It is unacceptable to me and i won't praise it by any means.

Make-Up is a beauty product designed and produced for women. This is how it's been defined in my world. Maybe i understand something that change my perspective later. But i am very traditional on this subject.

Personally i am very sensitive and careful on my personal hygiene and appearance. I follow many factors in order to look clean, sharp, organized and at my best. Make-Up is not required in order to achieve such a goal. I don't find it necessary and related to myself. Thus i don't really think a male needs make-up beauty products in order to look good.

0|0
    0|0
    • Have you ever covered up a spot? That's probably the most common use of make-up in men.

Do you wear after-shave? I'm sure that's OK, because it's not *called* perfume.

• @goaded No. I never cover up anything on my body or face with make-up products. I naturally take care of my skin with nutrition and hygienic tips such as: Not touching my face when i'm unsure of cleanser of my hands. Then get my hands and face washed up constantly throughout the day and using cleanser products such as wet wipes. This covering up theory will be relevant to me when i'm making professional appearance on TV or magazines in photo shooting context or video in forms of interview, hosting a show etc. . .

And After-Shave products are male-produced aromatic, hygienic and cleanser/protective product. Thus i use it periodically. Because it's been created for men.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a guy should be able to wear makeup if its because he wants to or its because he has bad skin or light eyebrows. Just because he wears a little bit of foundation and darkens his brows doesn't make him gay just look up Onision on youtube, he's definitely not gay considering he has a wife and kids and has had many ex girlfriends who he has made videos with and isn't homophobic and is also considered one of thr most honest people on youtube, yet he wears foundation and darkens and grooms his eyebrows because as he says it, he has horrible acne and big pores, as for his eyebrows he think both men and women should groom themselves and that dark eyebrows make you more attractive, and i agree with that. So men should wear meakeup if they want to, for any reason because they have the rights to do that

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Let them. If that's what they're into, there isn't much anyone can really do to turn them the other way, you know? It's inevitable that people will give them shit about it, but it's fine. They aren't doing anything wrong and they aren't putting people's lives in danger.
    I personally would not wear makeup unless my better half wants to do it and we stay indoors.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some of the opinions on here make me laugh. Like some coloured powder and wax is somehow a threat to masculity and heterosexuality? I don't know if makeup is something I'd be interested in, but I wouldn't feel like less of a man if I tried it

1|1
    0|0
  • They can, but should they? It's really dependent on context. Kiss' or Alive cooper's make up, sure. Light make up like you see on red carpet, sure. Purple eye shadow and lip stick... not too sure. Cake face; that's a no go on both genders for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree because I don't see why not. Women use it to look 'better', I think guys should too. It's not like we have total different skin and our skin will burn upon contact with the make up.

2|1
    0|0
  • You do you. What ever makes you happy. It isn't our position to tell someone they can't wear makeup.

If someone is struggling with their identity or anything like that, wearing makeup is an easy way to make them feel more comfortable.

0|2
    0|0
  • to my opinion nobody should use makeup. coz natural beauty looks superfantabulous and no one need make-up they only need little touch-up so that they don't look clumsy. no makeup should b used either by guys or girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • Anyone CAN wear makeup... I don't think everyone ought to though. I think it's probably fine for a guy to wear makeup, but I don't think I'd ever wear it myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • If there is like maybe something small like a pimple scar or something large like a hickey, I think it would be fine for a guy to wear makeup to cover it. I just don't care how my face looks though.

0|0
    0|0
  • thats a HUGE no no... unless ur a celebrity about to get interviewed on live tv.. and even then, it has to be super minor

1|0
    1|1
  • I mean... There is no law against it, but its not socially acceptable either, so they can, but its weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 27

• Of course they can. But they have to know they're slimming their dating pool significantly by doing so...

(I'm talking about eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick and so on... Concealer is fine for all.)

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree from the point its up to them.. but i would never date a guy who did i prefer manly men and to me make up is considered a feminine thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course they can! Anyone can wear it!
    I love eye-liner on guys <3 To me this man is really sexy!
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...555d3673cf.jpg</a>

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think there's any problems with guys wanting to take care of their appearance. A little concealer and some tweezed eyebrows make a huge difference

1|0
    0|0
  • I know guys might put on a little bit of stage makeup if they're about to go on TV or perform somewhere. I'm not really into it beyond that, but if there's a guy who's geniunely interested in makeup, who am I to stop him?

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda agree, the only guys I seen really do the makeup are like the ones on twitter that beat their face all the way, and they're gay but it looks good. A straight guy wouldn't really need it to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Guys can wear makeup because there are some guys who do drag makeup as a hobby and are better than me at makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever I see a guy putting on makeup I don't see him as a guy I just want to know how he freaking contours so well... like teach me your wayssss

1|0
    0|0
  • People can do what they want, but I feel like I'd be more understanding if they're a performer of some sort and actually need it

0|0
    0|0
  • They can if they want. But I would not date a guy who wears makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes