If skirts are considered formal wear (in which I have been told they are), then why do girls wear them as casual wear?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Pants are also considered formal wear for men, yet there are also blue jeans. It's the same thing.

0|0
    0|0
    • we dont go around wearing slacks as casual wear though

• jeans are meant for casual wear

• Bingo. Yes, pants made of denim are casual and pants made of wool gabardine are dressy. Pants. Both are pants.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what the girl is compensating the skirt with besides your are no rules on how you should dress follow your own don't follow the crowd

0|0
    0|0
    • Combinating excuse me not compensating

• complementing, would be the proper word actually

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Depends on the type of skirt tho. Mini skirts could never be formal. You also have to take into consideration , the type of material used. Satin and silks are classy and more formal while spandex and nylon are not.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol its one if the same thing troussers are firmal wear nd yet you men wear casually..

0|0
    0|0
    • i dont wear slacks every day. im a jeans person every day. i only wear slacks for special occasions

• Show All
    • nvm clothes are clothes as long as u look smart nd carry yourself in it, doesn't matter ^-&

• i understand that. i just want to understand why skirts are often worn casually

• Who exactly told you this rubbish?

0|0
    0|0
    • just stuff I've heard

• Show All
    • you answered the question

• Thank you for the MHO.

• They can be both

0|0
    0|0
  • skirts are different there are more formal skirts and more casual

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Skirts are not formal wear, who told you that? There are both formal and casual skirts. Mini skirts aren't formal wear. You wouldn't wear a mini skirt to a formal dinner.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes