Can I train my body to be able to wear winter fashion well into spring or even summer?

I see people who come from tropical countries and they feel cold when it's 70F, and they can wear beautiful warm clothes and not break a sweat. Can I train myself to be like that even though I live here in the States?

910

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess you can. You would have to start dressing extra warm now when it's not so hot, so that when summer comes around you can shed a layer and still be wearing clothes that are warmer than before.

So try wearing leggings under your jeans, long sleeve tee under your sweater, and try to keep it on all day and see how that works out.

Most Helpful Girl

• People who are brought up in a tropical country or the middle east have not only been brought up in that climate but they were born in it. Even in their mothers womb there is more heat than you would feel here. Also, them being brought up closer to the equator has a lot to do with it. You could train your body but it would take a while and could potentially lead to you giving yourself heat stroke. So if you choose to try, be careful and keep tabs on your body. Drink lots of water and make sure you know what a "healthy" amount of heat feels like. I think the best thing to do would be to move to a colder climate if you want to wear winter clothing year round though

• I'm not sure if it will take that long, I had a friend who lived in the tropics for a month and came back and she had to dress really warm because she felt cold all the time... I just wonder if I can get like that but without moving somewhere...