Can I train my body to be able to wear winter fashion well into spring or even summer?

I see people who come from tropical countries and they feel cold when it's 70F, and they can wear beautiful warm clothes and not break a sweat. Can I train myself to be like that even though I live here in the States?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess you can. You would have to start dressing extra warm now when it's not so hot, so that when summer comes around you can shed a layer and still be wearing clothes that are warmer than before.

So try wearing leggings under your jeans, long sleeve tee under your sweater, and try to keep it on all day and see how that works out.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• People who are brought up in a tropical country or the middle east have not only been brought up in that climate but they were born in it. Even in their mothers womb there is more heat than you would feel here. Also, them being brought up closer to the equator has a lot to do with it. You could train your body but it would take a while and could potentially lead to you giving yourself heat stroke. So if you choose to try, be careful and keep tabs on your body. Drink lots of water and make sure you know what a "healthy" amount of heat feels like. I think the best thing to do would be to move to a colder climate if you want to wear winter clothing year round though

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not sure if it will take that long, I had a friend who lived in the tropics for a month and came back and she had to dress really warm because she felt cold all the time... I just wonder if I can get like that but without moving somewhere...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• You can condition your body to do it, but it's really unhealthy and unnatural to do so. So rather don't do it

1|0
    0|0
    • Why would it be unhealthy? People who live in Tropical countries look healthy...

• Because their bodies have been brought up in those conditions, it's all they've known. Your body however is used to constantly having to adapt to the weather in the area you live in;changing it now is going to be a shock for your body

• Your body will naturally adjust to climate change if you're in it long enough. It's not a training thing, just will naturally adjust eventually.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably, tho it doesn't work for me, I'm always feeling warm even tho im from Eastern Europe and live in Germany

0|0
    0|0
  • Since people has been able to train themselves to resist extreme temperatures, your challenge is feasible.

0|1
    0|0
  • People adapt to where they live, if you want to take years on it then go ahead and train yourself though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I always wear summer clothes, got used to doing that for years.

0|0
    0|0
    • Or are they winter clothes? xD I don't even know anymore

• Ummm, why?

0|0
    0|0
    • I find they look good on me, no judging please :p

• except warm clothes, aren't meant to be fashionable/beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • The short answer is no.

0|0
    0|0
    • But why not? People who come from a tropical country or the middle east are perfectly fine, what makes their body different than mine?

• A complete lack of steady climate.

What Girls Said 8

• Nope... Your body evolves as you grow... and it adapts to the climate you live in.

IF you lived in a tropical climate for 10 years non-stop then probably your body would change how it reacts to different temperatures - so then maybe... But if you mean while still living where you're living - not a chance.

0|0
    0|0
    • Are you sure? If a person goes on a long tropical vacation and comes back to a temperate climate, they will feel cold even though it's not cold out, so their body must have adapted... I just wonder if I can adapt myself while still in this climate?

• It's doable. I've worn jeans in 95 degree weather before and felt fine.

1|0
    0|0
    • Awesome! How did you do it? I live in the north east of the states so it's not hot right now, but I want to get used to being able to do that, is it possible?

• You can probably start fight jow if it's not too hot. After some time, your body will adjust.

• Yep it's actually not very hot here at all! Ok so just dress a bit warmer than everybody else and in time I'll just feel used to it? Thanks for your help!

• The US is climate controlled so you'd have no problem indoors.

1|0
    0|1
  • Weirdo

0|0
    2|0
  • No. You either are build that way or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so

0|0
    0|0
  • yes u can, good luck

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! Any tips on how I can make it work?

• lol I dont think so.

0|0
    0|0
    • But why not? If a person goes on a long tropical vacation and comes back to the states, they will feel cold even though it's not cold out, so their body must have adapted... I just wonder if I can adapt myself?

Recommended myTakes