I desperately want to be a model, but I don't know if I have what it takes and don't know the right people to contact. Any suggestions?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• what kind of model?

a lot of people say they wanna be a model and they never specify. there are different kinds of modeling jobs out there.

• Well I'm petite so a petite model, but I'd like to do fashion

• without connections, start contacting ad agencies online. have a photo set ready to provide, stats, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to be tall enough, first off. And you have to photograph well. Have a friend help you practice posing and find your best angles (google or look up videos on this). There are scouts always out there looking for talent/fresh faces, but they're usu always in larger cities. If you search online, look up your nearest (large) city and see if/when an agency will be holding an open casting-call/auditions. (And be wary of places asking you to pay expen$ive fees just to take photos of you. They are typically not legit.)