What's the best way to get oil stains out of jeans?

I just bought new jeans today and I've already gotten a few cooking oil stains on them after cooking dinner :(. How can I get them out without ruining the colour of the jeans?

0|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Try Dish washing soap or vinegar. Dish wash would be better I say

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• if you go to the grocery store I think or a different store you might be able to find I think some kind of cleaner or stick I think that might get out the stain on your clothes

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 37

• Have you washed and dried these jeans already in a washer/dryer? If so, it's game over. Once you have a stain and use a dryer, you are screwed.

If not, then:
    1. Wet the spot running very hot water over the stain. Then...
    2. I squirt directly onto the stain Dawn or other dish liquid.
    3. Rub the dish liquid deep into the stain.
    4. Do 2 and 3 for the other side of the fabric too.
    5. Let sit overnight.
    6. Rinse both sides with hot water.
    7. Do not put the pants in a dryer and hang dry.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cold machine wash. Don't put them in dryer but hang up instead. You can also try water and dish liquid and a rag and try to rub out the stains that way. That sucks you got grease stains. I think the worst is ketchup stains.

1|1
    0|0
  • Oil is hydrophobic which means it doesn't mix or get taken into solution with water. there's detergents with special organic enzymes that break oil down in a wash. Grass stains are oil based so if you find one that tackles grass stains it'll sort out your jeans too

1|0
    0|0
  • Throw your clothes into a washing machine ASAP and apply something like Tide or Ariel to it... or if you lack a washing machine then start washing your clothes in warm-to-hot water and apply soap to it also. Rub the dirty spot against the fabric itself with your hands. Wash off with water.

1|0
    0|0
  • Apply warm water and dish soap to the grease stains and gently scrub with a tooth brush till you no longer see the stain, after this you can proceed to wash the jeans normally in a washing machine (check the care tag for temp, as hotter the water the better). If the jeans still have a little bit of a grease stain, do not dry and repeat the warm water and dish soap.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if it's true but baby powder is supposed to work.
    m.wikihow.com/Remove-Grease-or-Oil-Stains-from-Clothing

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't wash the jeans yet. Use Dawn dish soap it will fight the grease out and and lift it away. Put like a dot on it and rub it into the stain. Then normally wash and dry it like you normally would.

1|1
    0|0
  • sorry i really don't know. but i imagine soaking them in hot water with soap that cuts grease and oil will help lift the oil from the fabric

1|0
    0|0
  • NO clue I always just left em on because well with my last job they would just get on the clothes again the next day.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fully soak the jeans in oil (peanut butter woks as well) until the color becomes uniform.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would use a good dishwashing liquid since it's meant to work on oil and grease and apply directly to the stains and hand wash it

1|0
    0|0
  • apply laundry detergent [mixed with water if necessary] to the wou.. I mean stain, let it sit a few minutes and rinse clean.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm thinking of one of this stain-remover sticks by Tide.

1|0
    0|0
  • try a few dabs of dishwashing soap... usually repels oil

1|0
    0|0
  • handwashing with soap or if it still there is stain marks , try lemon.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just learned to embrace stains. If you can't beat em join em.

1|0
    0|0
  • acetone or nail polish remover. use these with very small amount of dish was soap

1|0
    0|0
  • Lemon & vinegar

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Oil stains are extremely hard to get rid of, and that depends on the type of oil you use. Overall, my best advice is once you come home, CHANGE CLOTHES! I'm serious. Don't cook with clean clothes you wear outside, put on some old house clothes you don't mind getting dirty. It's so hard to get those stains out. But it's not impossible. But my best bet is to wash them right away once the stains get on the clothes so it won't settle too badly. It may not get all of it off, but it may reduce the appearance.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! I'll wash them right now

• I was using olive oil if it makes a difference?

• Olive oil is not too bad. But aways make sure you scrub them and prewash them before you put it on a full wash. Try OxiClean too. It's pricey, but it can help. That's what I use. Just remember that some stains are just impossible to get out.

• 1|0
    0|0
  • I use hydrogen peroxide because it gets everything out.
    Saturate the stain with hydrogen peroxide.
    Add a few drops of the Dawn liquid detergent.
    Sprinkle a layer of baking soda over the Dawn.
    Use the toothbrush to scrub the ingredients into a paste and into the stain. If it gets too runny, add more baking soda, and if it gets too thick, add more hydrogen peroxide.
    Let the stain sit with the paste for half an hour to an hour. I split the difference and let mine sit for about 45 minutes.
    Launder as you normally would.

1|0
    0|0
    • Will it change the colour of the jeans though?

• Topical hydrogen peroxide (the ordinary 3% stuff you put on cuts) is not strong enough to bleach clothes, at least not with only one application. The type of hydrogen peroxide specifically sold for bleaching hair (30%) might be.

• First try with regular washing. Most detergents are good in removing nutrition oils. Only if that does not work, go to solvents.

1|0
    0|0
  • Alcohol or oxygenated water in the affected area before washing it could work

1|0
    0|0
  • Use a spray stain remover and don't out them in the dryer. It'll set the stain

1|0
    0|0
  • Did you try nail polish remover?

1|0
    0|0
  • Dish soap

1|1
    0|0
  • I really don't know hun sorry can't help

1|0
    0|0
  • yoı should pour some salt as soon as u split it