Why is that the person who contemplates plastic surgery is the ONLY person who sees the need of it?

When they ask others if they need a lip job or something, most people will say "oh no you are fine" and they genuinely mean it most of the times.
Why is that?

719

Most Helpful Guy

• People with insecurities are often a lot more aware of their perceived weaknesses than anyone else is. It can become like body dysmorphic disorder, where the continual scrutinty of particular parts of the body becomes obsessive to the point that it distorts those body parts quite greatly in the mind and removes all sense of objectivity. The person just poisons their own mind day in and day out.

The rest of us aren't subjected to that obsessive scrutiny of the person, we just see them at face value and we can't even see what the problem is.

Most Helpful Girl

• i got a major lip job and didn't tell anyone and no one noticed not even my mother when she came to visit for a few months.

other people will obviously say you don't need it because it doesn't affect them and they can't imagine you with it.