Why is that the person who contemplates plastic surgery is the ONLY person who sees the need of it?

When they ask others if they need a lip job or something, most people will say "oh no you are fine" and they genuinely mean it most of the times.
Why is that?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• People with insecurities are often a lot more aware of their perceived weaknesses than anyone else is. It can become like body dysmorphic disorder, where the continual scrutinty of particular parts of the body becomes obsessive to the point that it distorts those body parts quite greatly in the mind and removes all sense of objectivity. The person just poisons their own mind day in and day out.

The rest of us aren't subjected to that obsessive scrutiny of the person, we just see them at face value and we can't even see what the problem is.

2|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• i got a major lip job and didn't tell anyone and no one noticed not even my mother when she came to visit for a few months.

other people will obviously say you don't need it because it doesn't affect them and they can't imagine you with it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• 1|0
    0|0
  • people, actually usually women, obsess about details. Their lip, eyes, nose etc. while others look at the entire package rather then just focusing on one piece of the whole. When someone sees your face they see the entire face, but when you look in the mirror you look at the details.

3|0
    0|0
  • Nobody loves what they sent in the mirror. Plastic surgery is dangerous and doesn't always end up looking how you imagine. I would never tell someone to do that. Besides most people who want to get plastic surgery are jealous of models who have been airbrushed and polished up and all sorts of things.

Plus I hate superficiality, that never looks good on anyone. Makes me actually hate them

1|0
    0|0
  • Remove your mask and come out. let us see if you need plastic surgery.

1|0
    0|1
    • Lol what? Did you even read the question properly?

• Show All
    • @toefoo I have seen top models making a lot of money because of their enhanced looks. Ketty Perrry is a living example of a singer and Model who is very successful. Pamela Anderson made a name and fortune. Valeria Valeryrvna Lukyanova is the most famous human barbie doll. All fame and fortune they achieved because of surgery.

• You must be pretty desperate to use "the human barbie doll" as an argument in favor of plastic surgery. And to say katy perry's music career is all thanks to her tits seems degrading to her and to woman in general.

• I need one too.. and I don't feel bad to admit that.. I need one! was told to me by my ex girlfriend first of all.. then suddenly whole world came back running to me saying... dude.. you need'em! 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Because other pepole dont care nearly as much what you look like as It affects you more than anyone else and you are also likely to be more critical than anyone else as well as differing opinions something many pepole like you dont etc

1|0
    0|0
  • Yrue... why is that...

By the way loved your profile pic.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because people will lie to make the other person feel better about themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • they wanna change.. that's it.. they are bored and think that a change is necessary..

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe that it comes from one having a stifling insecurity about their appearance.

1|0
    0|0
  • Coz you are the only person who is insecure about that aspect/part of your body.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of the times I see plastic surgeries ruin peoples appearances rather than the opposite.

1|0
    0|0
  • What a sexy Pepetta. <3

1|0
    0|0
  • because we are our own worst critics

1|0
    0|0
  • cause we love nature and natural <3

1|0
    0|0
  • they might really need it.

1|0
    0|0
  • boob job? we don't want that

1|0
    0|0
  • Because others aren't living with their ugly lips, lol

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• People see their own flaws much more than people who don't stare at them all the time. I'm sure you have something about yourself that you don't like but when you mention it to another person, they tell you its fine. When you obsess over a small difference it becomes a little monster that you eventually think "oh surgery would help get rid of that."

1|0
    0|0
  • They don't want to hurt the persons feelings by inferring they NEED plastic surgery to be attractive

1|0
    0|1
    • Well I see questions on the similar line here and when I see their pics, I *honestly* don't see anything wrong with them. And I think it would apply to few others too..

• Show All
    • @spnsfi 😜 I know haha. But I notice, and I'm guessing others notice their own little bits and pieces

• Nah, for me I get used to my ugly parts so I don't even notice it anymore

• Not really always the case some people really do look better with the plastic surgery they have done cause it was really needed

1|0
    0|0
  • people who want plastic surgery ( myself included) often times have body dysmorphia or notice flaws more easily than others.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's common for humans to be uncontented over everything they have

1|0
    0|0
  • Insecurity, most likely.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes