Girls, Ladies, what is your skin care routine?

I've never had acne, always had clear skin. I do have redness though, how can I take care of that?

Updates:
Thank you, ladies!!! You all have been real helpful. <3

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Avoid any face products that contain alcohols, lemon, grapefruit and/or lime oils, as these can aggravate and increase redness in skin.
    You may also want to consider a color-correcting powder or concealer for redness (*green* cancels out the redness). Just use a small amount and be sure to blend well. (Apply only to the areas of your face with redness.) There are lots of videos on youtube on how to apply and blend correctly.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• I got rid of my acne and redness in my face (which was really bad) by making diet changes.
    What I do right now is just wash my face with water. I use an organic day cream to keep my face moisturized.

1|0
    0|0
    • What's the name of the organic cream? I've started a lifestyle change that includes changing up my diet. I don't have as much redness as I did before, but I guess that'll go away eventually if my diet has a lot to do with it.

• Show All
    • Awesome! I'll do that. I use Neutrogena right now, and I'm not 100% satisfied with it. I'm afraid I'll get those holes (pores, I think they're called) in my face with those little bead things they put in there.

• Yeah, we all have pores on our skin, but I think you mean enlarged pores. Especially when you have a sensitive skin, or are prone to acne, it's a good thing to see what works best for you. That's why I said that the chemicals in most creams made things worse for me.

• I don't have one but last night I put self tanner all over including my face and I look like a fuckin oompaloompa today. I have a lot to do too so I'm dreading leaving the house lmaom definitely a hat/sunglass/incognito type of day.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have acne but I get red splotches when it's hot outside (they have lasted for weeks).. not sure if this will work the same but if you cut open an avocado and scoop out the center and add a couple drops of tea tree oil in and mix it up, place it on your face and leave it for about 15 minutes, then wipe it off (rinse your skin off after you gently remove the avocado) and apply a bit of aloe.
    The next day, my skin is so clear and my pores are all tiny and face feels nice and a tad tight.

1|0
    0|0
  • morning: splash with warm water, tissue blot very gently and immediately apply moisturizing alcohol/ethanol free toner followed by a moisturizing serum and a day cream. allow time for each product to absorb. final step is uv blocking tinted primer. i usually don't wear foundation.

night: remove makeup with cream or gel makeup remover, cleanse with rich (dense) foaming cleanser being careful not to rub fingers on face. use same toner and serum followed by a night cream. sometimes a mask.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I apply facial wash, other times I use Noxzema. Either those two or I simply wash my face. I try to limit how many times a week I use the facial wash because it really dries out my skin and I also prefer to use natural and organic products on my face.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have acne prone skin. Leaving my teenage years has helped my skin. I do a honey and lemon facial twice a week and wash my face twice daily when I can. I also do not ever smoke and eat some fruits and vegetables sometimes. It all helps. And I love water.

1|0
    0|0
  • you and i are the same! i use algenist face wash and lotion, occasionally clinique toner, la mer cream which is NOT worth it, i use random masks about once or twice a week

1|0
    0|0
  • What someone said, diet helps. It could also be genetics. I am acne prone and have oily skin. So I use a lot of charcoal products. Also anti-aging masks.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just wash it with whatever soap we have in the shower. I don't really have acne like I used to in middle school.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really do anything with my skin other than wash it with water in the shower

1|0
    0|0
  • I clean it with micellar water and use every morning and before bed aloe vera gel.

1|0
    0|0
  • I steam my face, then I use organic clay, after that I use a cleansing exfoliator, following a blemish treatment, finally I spray my face with rose water. The names of the products I use are Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean Fresh Balancing Exfoliator (which is meant to cancel pores and hydrate dry spots), and Clarins Truly Matte Stop Imperfections Locales Blemish Control. The rose water and clay aren't from a specific brand as they're purely organic. I have acne prone skin, so I try to use more natural ingredients, and I try to not load my face with products, in order to not clog my pores. I have dry skin as well, and for that, I like to use olive oil sometimes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I use the l'oreal clay masks and scrub my face. I also wash my face every evening and moisturise it.

1|0
    0|0
  • shower 3times daily + daily shave + baby cream. and i m good to go

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a big fan if Kihels gentle foaming cleanser :)

1|0
    0|0
  • coconut oil

1|0
    0|0
  • Use a primer

1|0
    0|0
  • Use mild, calming products such as those that contain calendula. You can also use hydrocortisone to reduce sever redness.

1|0
    0|0
  • I clean n moisturize it everyday in the morning n before sleeping

1|0
    0|0
  • I always had clear skin, except the random pimple that pops around my period. But I use an apricot scrub in the shower then after I am done showering I make sure dry around my face especially around my nostrils where I get really red and dry. I top off with a deep moisturizer. Has helped me the past 3 years

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes