Your observation?

in your opinion, what makes someone ugly? It can either be a physical or character trait.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's try to draw a line here to differenciaty between ugly and unattractive. A person who is physically ulgy (to today's cannon) could even become attractive if his/her personality compensates enough for it. However, there's a point of no return on "uglyness" in which your personality might not even be a compensation. SORRY really ugly dudes and ladies with great personalities, it's a fact!

If you want a more empirical approach, ugly people by definition should be the ones that do not trigger on you sexual attraction with the plus of being able to provoke some disgust to you when thinking about the sole possibility of engaging sexually with them. Someone is not ugly if the possibility of sex with that person does not repulse, even if it does not fancy you. That would be a normal person.

Ulgy people have some physical traits easy to identify: their symmetry is totally imbalanced (a slight symmetry can be sexy), they have multiple irregularities on their skin or have body attributes that are too big, or too small, or that don't go together probably for being too different (i. e. a lady with small breasts and a big butt is less attractive to the majority than a lady with big breasts and a big butt).

Another definition which complements the beauty of a person, is related to evolutionary reasons, not only to society standards. As such, a man with a strong body, particularly well shaped abs and a well defined butt, is more attractive because he will apparently perform better in the act of sex than a chubby one. A woman with bigger breasts will be more suitable to feed offsprings, and the one with bigger hips will be better to give birth.

If you think that the social standards are playing tricks on us by what I mentioned in my last example, beware that youth in girls is also related to fertility. It is no surprise that men in general feel more attracted to younger women than older ones, even if the older one is smoky hot and the young one is average. On the other hand, many women feel more attracted to older men, even when they don't exhibit perfect bodies, as they impersonate better the figure of the protector and provider. Obviously women like young men because they usually have fitter bodies, but it is easier for them to get "hooked" by older ones. Beware that all that I'm saying here is related to evolutionary psychiatry, and that yet, it has exceptions which are affected by many other variables.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I did not intend to stay on a superficial level, beware that my "essay" refers to first impressions, or the impression you get from a person who you know for not too long.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personality wise - people who refuse to be accountable for their actions and take responsibility for the fall out. Whiney people who think they're entitled to anything at all when they've put no effort, thought or sacrifice into it. People who put others down to push themselves up, and those who speak down to others (like waitstaff or housekeepers)

Physically, poor hygiene and general unkemptness is unattractive to me - but so is the complete opposite when people overcompensate with a pancake of make up, guys with a huge bouffant and a can of hairspray etc
    Enhance natural beauty, don't try and look like a completely different person

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• There are different forms of ugly. There are people who are physically unappealing to me and then there are people who may be perfectly attractive in the physical sense but they just have ugly personalities.

The physicality is often more of a subjective issue than the personality. Most people can more readily agree when someone is a shitball of a human being. Agreeing on who is hot or not is harder to get a unified answer on, because of all the different agendas.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ugly - to me when they are selfish, self centered, insecure, immature, and reacts poorly to life's problems. going through life not fixing there problems but want everyone to accept them.

1|2
    0|0
    • this falls under immature but to add, not sticking-to/knowing what they want. it's frustrating and you can't please someone who keeps changing their requirements on situations.

• @LudicMouse that is 1000% true. I agree.

• Fashion makes people ugly. Everyone is so dependant on some fashion statement that they forget beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, not a crappy magazine or a newspaper or some other form of media.

1|0
    0|0
    • You can be more general and call that vanity. I get you but. Vain folk are pathetic and thick as shit usually. There's a link between vanity and homosexuality too. If you find yourself attractive I suppose you'll find others of the same sex attractive too

• Show All
    • @Dale1982 loool... now a days whenever someone says hello, I think they are trying to attack me. Hello... *punch in face* ... so I just run fast as possible.

Men and women are horrible in today's society. We live in a world were you replace old things, and recycling isn't the option. You have grey hair, or saggy breasts... you are either replaced by a new woman or you replace your hair and breasts.

Not only that... media wants everyone to look like:

* hunk if they are a man with muscles
      * androgynous prepubescent person both genders
      * woman need to look like stretched out 5 year olds with big eyes, thick eyes, skinny body with 0 curves
      ... I can't buy majority of clothes because my hips or bust is too big!!! ._.

• Thick eyebrows loool... not eyes

• I don't think about ugly... it all depends upon your mind. think if you don't look good so what people that you don't look good you are ugly. I all feels from your heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your heart makes you attractive or ugly. If your conceited, vain, jealous, selfish and all that stuff you'll be ugly. Dull eyes, dour expression, twisted face. On the other hand if your kind, generous, patient, selfless and those things you're eyes will shine, York face will be relaxed and your expression open and you'll be attractive. Science can prove it. Your physical features have very little to do with attraction it's the effect your soul has on you that makes you attractive or repulsive. Ever seen a good looking politician or businessman? They're all pig ugly coz of their natures

0|0
    0|1
    • Dude, did you go to highschool? Girls can be pretty and still be shallow, spiteful, shrivel hearted assholes.

• @Nekocat no they can't. To a horny teenager maybe but anybody older she's just there for a fuck.

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• People with bad characters are ugly. Liars, manipulators, and bullies are the worst. Also when people think they are better than others..

1|0
    0|0
  • Negative attitude, constantly looking like someone just farted. Dressing badly. Bitching. Having an annoying voice. Their face.

0|0
    0|0
  • People who bully othera for no reason, someone who picks fights for no reason, and a horrible personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • rude, cocky, hot temper, judgmental, bitchy, arrogant

0|0
    0|0
  • dresses like bum, poor hygiene and superior attitude

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes