Do you look better in photos or mirror?

I often find myself thinking "I look kinda good today" in the mirror and take a picture and think wtf, do I really look that terrible? 😂😭

I've noticed some people look better in pictures than they do in real life, and some look terrible in pictures but really good IRL (which is every time I try to show my friends a picture of a guy I met).

Photos do alter your appearance as shown, depending on the focal length:
Do you look better in photos or mirror?Big difference right? 😅
But what do you generally prefer for yourself?
  • Photos
    Vote A
  • Mirror
    Vote B
  • Neither, I'm ugly af
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• happens. Even the most beautiful girls in every group I go, like me and show interest and want to be with me.
    When I show up in photos: disaster. And I did figure out what it is. I have a slight face asymmetry, that is exacerbated in photos.
    Again there's this blonde girl at work. Even other girls admit she is so hot, that they would have no problem turning lesbian for her. In pictures: a completely different person.
    Another colleague, that is nowhere near as beautiful as her in real life, has the most photogenic pictures I've seen and looking at those it gives you the impression she's some kind of model.

But being perceived as beautiful in real life, yet not so good looking in pics, might be an issue if you are the kind of person living on social media. If you fuel yourself with the likes and comments of others and your SO is not photogenic, I am sure it will slowly but surely get to you and erode the relationship.

1|0
    0|0
    • now seeing your profile pic, you do not look bad at all in that one at least, so don't worry, your pics seem to be ok.

Most Helpful Girl

• My phone cam does that bottom right sh*t. And my mind photoshops myself in the mirror so.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Shoo, I be thinkin I look good in the mirror, but in photos usually taken by other people, I think, wow I look like that? Damn.. LOL..
    media.tenor.co/.../tenor.gif

2|1
    0|0
  • 3|0
    0|0
    • OMG! That's my cat right there! It looks like him too

Good point though, and we should all learn a lesson from cats because they did something right in the world to have humans worshipping them. It doesn't matter how other people view you as log as you're happy with yourself

• One reason why most people say mirror is because we are used to seeing mirrored version of ourselves. In photos we see ourselves the "right way" and we are not used to it. The same reason we think our own voice is ugly because we are not used to hear it like others do.

0|0
    3|1
    • wrong. photos are distorted and condensed to 2D images. mirrors are exact images of ourselves, only reversed

• Show All
    • Actually, photos are distorted because they are 2D images.

• that's what I said

• I look better in the mirror. Photos make me look chubbier lol. Lighting is also a big thing too, I've noticed bad lighting can make a photo or reflection look way different

1|0
    0|0
  • I look shit irl and even worse on spontaneous pics.

but with a enough time and effort, I can look good in pics. so if cherry picking is allowed, then I look better in pics. if not, C

1|0
    0|0
  • In professional photos I look a little better than mirror but not that much.

In selfies I look godawful.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people are more photogenic and their photos come out great it's something natural , but I am not one of them !! Very rarely I get a good photo of myself !!

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like I look pretty much the same. Maybe slightly better in photos because of angles/lighting/filters

1|0
    0|0
  • selfie, and mirror are usually ok. but... when I'm in a picture with people (say a family photo) I look ridiculous. smh

1|0
    0|0
  • Better in the mirror, that's why I don't take many pics of myself xD

1|0
    0|0
  • C,

Although better in the mirror in all honestly

1|0
    0|0
  • Mirror mirror on the wall, whose the ugliest one of all? Can't be me could it? 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • lol there are days i feel i look weird in both, but overall, mirror wins

1|0
    0|0
  • well my s8 plus has the best selfie camera so I would say my camera. depends on light too.

1|0
    1|0
  • I can't pick. I look really good in photos and in the mirror.

0|1
    1|0
  • Wow! That girl looks a lot like my first girlfriend!
    I have issues now!

0|0
    0|0
  • better in front of mirror

0|0
    0|0
  • pretty sure I look good in anything

0|1
    1|0
  • A person said I look better from behind

0|0
    0|0
  • Photogenic

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• Mirror at least i think so.

1|0
    0|0
  • mirror !

0|0
    0|0
  • Im not photogenic and not attractive lol

But I do look better in real life than in photos, im not a "selfie queen" any way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty in person, but I look like a bog witch in photos

2|1
    0|0
  • Mirror because sometimes I have this really bad smile I use for photos.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mirror or laptop pic, on my phone pic I generally look bad

1|0
    0|0
  • I look better in the mirror. Rarely can I ever capture a good picture. -_-

1|0
    0|0
  • Mirror. I only look good in some selfies that too taken with extreme caution and care 😁😂

1|0
    0|0
  • mirror

0|1
    0|0
  • I just look good everywhere 😂

1|1
    0|0
  • Mirror honestly...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care for either.