Should I try this? would it work?

do you think if I mix a tablespoon of baking soda and half a tablespoon it will help whiten my teeth. yes I am serious if anyone is wondering.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What are you going to do with the broken tablespoon?

0|2
    0|0
    • I meant to type half a tablespoon of lemon juice

Most Helpful Girl

• Lemon can be damaging for the enamel. If you want to do it, do it once a week or so. You could try using baking soda and hydrogen peroxide instead. It's a safer option.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• Half a tablespoon of what , water? If so, then yes it will slightly whiten your teeth, but you'd have to do it a couple times to see bigger results. I've tried this a few times and it has brightened my teeth a bit. I've seen recipes using baking soda and lemon juice, dont try this , its usually too harsh on your teeth and kills enamel, especially if you leave it on more then 2-3 mins.

0|1
    0|0
  • Half a teaspoon of what? And yes, baking soda will work. Leave it on for 1 minute but wipe off after that because it might ruin the enamel. It does taste extremely salty and weird, though, so I recommend strawberries (yep, it really works)

0|0
    0|0
    • ok and im planning on using half a tablespoon of lemon juice

• Yeah, lemon juice is fine, but don't leave it on for more than a minute or so, because lemon contains citrus which can ruin your teeth if on for too long.

• thanks

• You can dip your toothbrush and brush your teeth with it. I do it all the time. It definitely whites your teeth without damaging them, the only thing I would say is that it doesn't taste great but it's bearable.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes