Guys, would it anger you if you caught your 10 year old son wearing toenail polish after he had to take his socks and shoes off for some reason?

For example, excessive ant bites, very severe itching and glass cuts or something.

How would you reply/respond?

Don't want to hear crap like 'Who says nail polish is for girls only and what things were like in 11th century France'. It is not culturally that way today and nail polish is universally considered a feminine nail fashion.

Please explain why you'd be upset. Nothing is more irks than to simply give a yes or no answer when you can't go into details of that answer for a subject like this.

• I have no sons but if I did, I would prefer he didn't but wouldn't say anything
    Vote A
  • I have no sons but if I did, I would speak against it and explain the importance of his maleness
    Vote B
  • I have son (s) and I would be extremely angry (explain reason)
    Vote C
  • I have son (s) and I'd let him decide but I wouldn't like it
    Vote D
  • I have son (s) and I'd let him decide and feel indifferent or supportive of it
    Vote E
  • I have son (s) and I'd discuss it with my girlfriend/wife and let her deal with it
    Vote F
  • I have son (s) and I'd be angry for him trying to duplicate femaleness
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I would ask them why they're doing it and just take a closer look at their surroundings to see if anything outside of himself influenced him (which likely did, due to him being only 10).

I'll tell him that the world is very cruel to people like him right now, so wear male clothes until you're out of school, but at home you can wear whatever you want as long as you're wearing clothes. This allows him to think for a long time if it's something he Genuinely feels inside.

Didn't vote.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • *I'm assuming that he would try to wear feminine clothes or do feminine things.

• Show All
    • I'm saying because he knows that other boys don't wear it and if he did, he would base whether it is okay doing something in terms if other boys did it, not if other people did it. He won't say 'Oh girls do it, so it must be okay'. He would say 'I never seen a boy do it, so I am not sure if it is okay'. If other boys routinely did it, he wouldn't feel as bad because he'd have support.

• Oh I thought you were referring to some point that was out of the ordinary. Already glossed over that potential scenario on my opinion. Goes with looking at his surroundings.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• If he was legitimately using it for ant bites or something as you described, I would explain to him that there are much better treatments for such things. I would then tell him that toe nail polish is for girls and if I ever saw him use it again I would beat the shit out of him.

0|0
    0|2
    • Why would you beat your son up just for wearing nail polish? I didn't mean wear polish for ant bites. I mean he had ant bites so he he to take off his socks and shoes as in he was hiding to hide the fact he was wearing it.

• Show All
    • Why doesn't she must be feminine to not disown her?

• Not sure. Just my view

• I'd inquire to why he was wearing it, but I'd be fine with it. It ain't gonna hurt him. In this day, it doesn't matter anymore. Be straight, be gay, be bi, be poly, be pan, be whatever. I don't care, just don't push it on others and be safe.

0|2
    0|0
  • why the fuck would it matter? he's ten
    I used to sit around making fart noises when I was ten

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be like cool dude who gave you that? ... oh really what's awesome maybe they'll do it to me to and then go back to you know not upsetting a kid who decided he wanted painted nails cause you know kids constantly change and shift opinions anyways why start some shit that will either not become anything or be something he enjoys

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care. If he wants to do it, then let him do it. If he broke the window or were mean, then I would start worrying. Small things aren't something to worry about.

0|0
    0|0
  • ''considered a feminine nail fashion.''

it doesn't really matter what its considered. if he likes it, he likes it. What can I do? scold him on why he has to be ''manly''? thats the problem with people these days, you dont ''want to hear that crap'' (like you said about guys wearing nail polish in different cultures) when it actually is a perfect example of how perception goes along way. you think its feminine, so what, if my son likes it he likes it and im not insecure about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have the nail polish removed and throw it away, because I don't want my son doing something feminine like that I know you said don't say nails are for women it's 11th century France but honestly I consider it too feminine for a son to be doing

1|0
    0|1
  • maybe he saw mom or sister do it, and just wanted to try it

0|2
    0|0
    • What if it persists and becomes a habit?

• Show All
    • I guess because through life. it has always been normal for girls. to do it. but not guys. best answer i can give.

• And you'd want him to do things in a sex-based situation? Like things that boys only do? If other boys don't do it, then neither should he?

• yup I'd probly take away all his toys while his at school. then give him a coloring book and some bacon.
    he can be artsy just not gay so I'd give him the book to express himself. and bacon so he can man up lool

0|0
    0|0
    • Effeminacy and homosexuality are not always parallel. Geez!!! What is up with these people who automatically assume this?

• I assume this. lool. I'd be mad.
      can't take that chance. acting feminine could lead to gay. plate of bacon coming right up!

• I don't have a son but I wouldn't give a shit what he does. If he wants to wear nail polish, go right ahead.

0|1
    0|0
  • In general I don't care. I did my nails black a few times back when I was young and playing in bands.

I've known fighters who do their toenails to cover up the bruises/entertain their children.

In my case I'd watch over my son a little extra because he really doesn't understand societal judgement on this stuff. I would support anyone making a free decision and facing down any teasing or whatever knowing what he's doing, I worry about him doing something to be happy and being hurt without realizing it.

In general society is hard on men who can't display -masculinity-. If you display sufficient masculinity you can do 'feminine' type things and almost nobody cares. It's if you're shy and quiet and timid and do feminine stuff as well society comes down hard on you.

I don't have any view on how kids should be it's hard to balance guiding them to be themselves versus not setting them up to be crushed.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you should accept your kid for who they are..

0|1
    0|0
  • Kinda but I would just joke around with him and remind him that this is for girls, not men.

1|0
    0|2
  • Id be upset just because he's gay. not the act of what he likes but being gay is probably a lot harder then being straight.

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't get mad i would ask what was up and explain how things are in the world

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no sons but if I did, I would speak against it and explain the importance of his maleness.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would go what up with that I'll move on after that

0|0
    0|0
  • lol, I'll be fine with that

0|1
    0|0
  • toenail? if it was hand nails then I approve

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes