Guys, would it anger you if you caught your 10 year old son wearing toenail polish after he had to take his socks and shoes off for some reason?

For example, excessive ant bites, very severe itching and glass cuts or something.

How would you reply/respond?

Don't want to hear crap like 'Who says nail polish is for girls only and what things were like in 11th century France'. It is not culturally that way today and nail polish is universally considered a feminine nail fashion.

Please explain why you'd be upset. Nothing is more irks than to simply give a yes or no answer when you can't go into details of that answer for a subject like this.

• I have no sons but if I did, I would prefer he didn't but wouldn't say anything
  • I have no sons but if I did, I would speak against it and explain the importance of his maleness
  • I have son (s) and I would be extremely angry (explain reason)
    Vote C
  • I have son (s) and I'd let him decide but I wouldn't like it
    Vote D
  • I have son (s) and I'd let him decide and feel indifferent or supportive of it
    Vote E
  • I have son (s) and I'd discuss it with my girlfriend/wife and let her deal with it
    Vote F
  • I have son (s) and I'd be angry for him trying to duplicate femaleness
    Vote G

20

Most Helpful Guy

• I would ask them why they're doing it and just take a closer look at their surroundings to see if anything outside of himself influenced him (which likely did, due to him being only 10).

I'll tell him that the world is very cruel to people like him right now, so wear male clothes until you're out of school, but at home you can wear whatever you want as long as you're wearing clothes. This allows him to think for a long time if it's something he Genuinely feels inside.

Didn't vote.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • *I'm assuming that he would try to wear feminine clothes or do feminine things.

• I'm saying because he knows that other boys don't wear it and if he did, he would base whether it is okay doing something in terms if other boys did it, not if other people did it. He won't say 'Oh girls do it, so it must be okay'. He would say 'I never seen a boy do it, so I am not sure if it is okay'. If other boys routinely did it, he wouldn't feel as bad because he'd have support.

• Oh I thought you were referring to some point that was out of the ordinary. Already glossed over that potential scenario on my opinion. Goes with looking at his surroundings.