Would you date someone missing a leg/arm? If they wore a prosthetic?

In case anyone else can relate, I feel that sometimes it will be harder for a guy to accept me because I am missing the lower half of my leg. I am terrified of the thought of being naked in front of anyone, even though I get compliments out in public, both by girls and guys. Other than this thought, I love the body I am living in, I never feel like Im really "missing" anything. Its just the idea of being intimate with someone that is a little scary to me.
  • Yes.
  • No.

46

Most Helpful Guy

• I am sorry that you feel that some ass holes may judge you or make you feel weird. If I met a girl with a prosthetic I would not think any less of her. I would obviously ask sensitive questions if I had em but there is no way I would dismiss someone because of it. I feel I would fall for her personality and the traits and attributes that I find attractive. intellectual and emotional attractiveness is key and then the physical lust comes after. do not be scared of being intimate with someone if they are the right person, I feel like you can weed out the pretenders

Most Helpful Girl

• I've worried the exact same thing to be honest. I know where you're coming from. I have some pretty serious medical problems and I have to wear KAFOs (knee ankle foot orthosis) for the rest of my life, and they put some pretty heavy physical restrictions on what I can do (I can't run, jump, lift heavy things, walk long distances, etc.) Not only that but I was just diagnosed with Chron's Disease, which comes with severe dietary restrictions, lots of medication, and long times spend in the hospital. So I've often asked myself if anyone would ever be with me because of that.

What I keep telling myself tho, is that I'm still an awesome person and I'd still be am amazing girlfriend and if a guy wasn't willing to put up with my medical issues, well fuck him I don't want to talk to him anyways.