Would you date someone missing a leg/arm? If they wore a prosthetic?

In case anyone else can relate, I feel that sometimes it will be harder for a guy to accept me because I am missing the lower half of my leg. I am terrified of the thought of being naked in front of anyone, even though I get compliments out in public, both by girls and guys. Other than this thought, I love the body I am living in, I never feel like Im really "missing" anything. Its just the idea of being intimate with someone that is a little scary to me.
  • Yes.
    Vote A
  • No.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I am sorry that you feel that some ass holes may judge you or make you feel weird. If I met a girl with a prosthetic I would not think any less of her. I would obviously ask sensitive questions if I had em but there is no way I would dismiss someone because of it. I feel I would fall for her personality and the traits and attributes that I find attractive. intellectual and emotional attractiveness is key and then the physical lust comes after. do not be scared of being intimate with someone if they are the right person, I feel like you can weed out the pretenders

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've worried the exact same thing to be honest. I know where you're coming from. I have some pretty serious medical problems and I have to wear KAFOs (knee ankle foot orthosis) for the rest of my life, and they put some pretty heavy physical restrictions on what I can do (I can't run, jump, lift heavy things, walk long distances, etc.) Not only that but I was just diagnosed with Chron's Disease, which comes with severe dietary restrictions, lots of medication, and long times spend in the hospital. So I've often asked myself if anyone would ever be with me because of that.

What I keep telling myself tho, is that I'm still an awesome person and I'd still be am amazing girlfriend and if a guy wasn't willing to put up with my medical issues, well fuck him I don't want to talk to him anyways.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• dear, if someone really wants to date you or he really loves you. then he already accepted the fact you are worried about.

would i date? yes... you missing lower half of leg which is not your fault.. and you deserved every hapiness a girl can imagine

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I reflect on things in the way that I think everyone is insecure - You are about your leg, I have a stammer, every other user could say I have something.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I love a lady I'll make love to her if she was missing all four limbs and was bald

2|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah I would, handicapable parking spaces baby!

0|0
    0|0
    • That's my fav part about it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Lets go to Disneyland baby, lines ain't shit

• OMG I forgot about that too haha, thats also really nice. And I skip lines at the DMV too.

• It wouldn't be the reason I did or didn't date someone. It's the person I'm more interested in.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Uhm, it's funny, cos I've been thinking for the past few days about it and now I saw your question, so I thought I'd share ;)
    Well... I have some preferences and those are really... important. I want a guy with whom I can do a lot: go to parks, museums and cinemas and such stuff. Mind you - now mountains, because I don't travel there myself. Also, someone who's intelligent, communicative, loving and funny. , Also, independent in the way that he'd be somehow educated and able to find a decent job (of any kind) easily - be it blue or white collar - I don't care, as long as we could support ourselves if we combined our salaries. Besides, I have some "visual" requirements": 1. slender, 2. not balding (yeah, I have this crazy thing I just can't get over it... and I know there's a lot that can be done to prevent/treat it, it's just guys' being lazy and calling girls like me "shallow") 4. with a nice face and preferablyas tall or taller than me (I'm very tall, so that's why but it's not like a 100% must have). I really don't care about other things - eye or hair colour, nose shape, or anything that guys feel sometimes insecure about... I don't care about whether he works out 7 days in a week or only 2-3. Whether he has freckles, beaut marks or none, or whatever... it's irrelevant to me, really... When I fantasise about people, I don't pay attention to such details... And I got to the following conclusions - if my future boyfriend was missing a limb but had all the afore mentioned - I'd actually prefer a guy like this. He'd be perfect regardless ;) I'd rather have a guy missing one limb, but caring enough to spend some quality time with me in any way possible than a fat, balding, drinking asshole watching the telly, swearing and complaining about how his wife let herself go and how his kids, neighbours and goverment is stoopid ;) You know what I mean... ;) The difference between the guy missing a leg and the guy missing everything that matters is that the first had no influence upon this. You can choose to be a lazy ass without hobbies, personality or kindness in your heart though ;)
    So... please, don't think about this too much. be the best version of yourself and work on the things you can work on. Leave behind those you can't change :)
    ps. I have a club foot and I could totally date someone like it too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not? You date someone for his/her mental characteristics, not just for beauty or a perfect body.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes