Can someone explain this bra fit question to me?

I'm having interesting issues fitting bras. Like, I'll try on bras in my size. A lot of times what will happen is that the edges of the cups on the bra will cut into my breast tissue, like the cup is too small. But the same cup size will be gapping at the edges of the cup like it's too big. I have the same problem even if I try on different band sizes. I haven't been able to find a bra that actually fits - right now I'm wearing sports bras which don't actually provide a lot of support. I've been professionally fitted but bras in "my size" don't actually seem to fit - and I tried a few sizes around that and they don't fit either. Does anyone know what's going on and how I fix it?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you need to have a customized bra made for you? Sounds like you tried all options, but just like pants and shirts, every brand fits different even if it's the same size

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Do you have any idea how expensive customized bras are? I can barely afford 2 regular bras!

• Oh I'm sure they are not cheap, only thing you can do is to try all different brands and sizes until you find the right one, try a wireless one too so it doesn't dig in either

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you tried adjusting them so the edge of the cup won't be on your breasts. Message me so we can discuss personal details.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Some braids might be 1 size to small.

• Go up one cup and down one band size

• I tried. I'm at the point where the band is barely closing on the loosest setting and I'm still having the same issues with the cup.