The average American bra size is a 34DD. So why do stores not stock cups above a D to DD size?

I understand that stores don't want to stock products that don't sell, so they only stock common sizes. The average American is a DD cup. But your average store sells bras in an A-D range, possibly with some DD cups mixed in. Surely there's more DDD women than A women. So why don't stores sell these sizes?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously that's not the true average then. Anyways average is a bit of a waste of a number because it uses all the sizes. Be more accurate using the mean. A store will only stock what sells. Scratch that what they think will sell based on past indications. Those must be the sizes that sell ptherwise they are a waste of space and money. Also those bigger sizes you pointed out yourself, Americans are getting bigger. Why should a store come to that? If they are already making money selling the normal sizes why add on and use up more retail space? Plus thats not the norm in tbe retail world. If you are normal sized you can buy at a regular store. Otherwise it's big and tall stores.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well, a 34DD isn't really what you'd consider plus sized. I'll be honest, I'm a 32DDD and I'm usually described as "petite", looking at me you wouldn't think plus size or big and tall or anything - really you wouldn't even think that I had huge breasts. Plus size stores usually start at the lowest at around a 38.

• Well then what the hell! XD so your talking Victoria Secret has shit for you then? What do you do? Order online?

• The thing most people don't realize is that bra size isn't an absolute - it's a measure of how much bigger the breasts are than the underbust. So slimmer girls actually tend to have bigger cup sizes, even though bigger girls have bigger breasts by volume.

Most Helpful Girl

• American Bra Size Average Increases From 34B to 34DD In Just 20 Years, and most stores sell these sizes of course. simple supply demand logic

0|0
    0|0
    • The thing is, if 34DD is the average, you're going to see a lot more DDD breasts than A breasts. Plus A-cups can wear those little bralette things and DDD cups can't. It's pretty hard to find a 34DD in your average department store on its own, and you can't find anything over a DD.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• i think its because its small breasted women that make them and want everyone too like a small size instead of a big size. i know when i was a kid bug breast were the thing but over the past decade or 2 something has happened where they try t shame women int getting smaller breast because small bra's are all they find.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't think it would be 34DD but apparently it is. Who knew. I'm guessing that stores just sell more bras in smaller sizes despite this average because stores will stock what they sell the most of. It wouldn't make sense for them to not stock a big seller.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since when was the average bra size dd?

0|0
    0|0
    • It changed in the last 20 years or so. Partly Americans getting bigger, partly vanity sizing on the part of bra manufacturers.

• Since when was the average size DD?

0|0
    0|0
    • It changed in the last 20 years or so. Partly Americans getting bigger, partly vanity sizing on the part of bra manufacturers.

• Since when was the average size DD?

0|0
    0|0

• since America got more obese people.

• the average cup size is a c, not dd

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Victoria's Secret and other bra stores don't sell past a DDD most of the time bc they don't want bigger women to buy their products which is such a shitty thing to do honestly

0|0
    0|0
    • Like I'm a 32DD, and no store targeted for my age group in my area seems to have bras that will fit me so I pay double price for more adult-oriented bras and whatnot

• Lol more people have fake boobs instead of natural these days

0|0
    0|0
    • Even for natural... I'm a 322E-F, which people think is absolutely huge. It's really not, most people who look at me say I look entirely average.

• Wow. I have a long way to go 😜

0|0
    0|0
  • I never heard or this

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I hadn't thought of it either, but I finally actually looked up what the average American bra size is nowadays.

• dam that's huge.

• I think that's what surprises people - when things are properly measured a DD really doesn't look the way most people think it looks. I'm a DDD to a G and I don't look huge at all. If you look at bra models, a lot of them look like they've kind of been stuffed in their bra.

Recommended myTakes